2 Courses of CBT

Secret_Smile

Woah. I got depressed about no one helping me and now I'm doing 2 lots of CBT. One at college and one outside of it.
I had an appointment with the one outside of it today and it was very good. She made me pretend I was a director and I had to set up the scene in the classroom where I remember being bullied and the SP starting. It was good, I felt like a prat at first but I think it went okay. I see her again next monday and I see the other person at College in 2 weeks time. I know you're really only supposed to do one thing at a time but I can tie both things I'm doing together so its okay.
I am deffinately getting a little better. I actually accepted compliments today, something I really couldn't do at all in the past.

MarCPatt

No one can help you if you do not want to help yourself.

You sure look like you are working very hard to overcome your problem. This is good. Keep up the good work.

Orlando

Hey there,

Hang in there. I knew this person who was really really really shy. His name was Alfie. He was so frightened to leave his home. He did not finish high school. I felt so bad for him.
From what I am reading, you seem very determined to get over SP. That's good, you have spirit! (and it also sounds that you have the support of your family also. That's a very good thing.)

Secret_Smile

Re: No one can help you if you do not want to help yourself.

MarCPatt said:
You sure look like you are working very hard to overcome your problem. This is good. Keep up the good work.
lol

The person beneath the SA problem hates to be told what to do...Especially by irrational bad thoughts! :wink:

Anonymous

re 2 coures of cbt

hi , where i live in new zealand, the therapists using cbt, are absolutely useless in helping with social anxiety. the only way is with drugs here we are so far behind you guys inthat area it's not funny . thanks

Anonymous

Re: No one can help you if you do not want to help yourself.

Secret_Smile said:
MarCPatt said:
lol

The person beneath the SA problem hates to be told what to do...Especially by irrational bad thoughts! :wink:

Secret_Smile

Hi.
I haven't been here for a very long time.
In just thought I would let anyone who was interested know that I'm a lot better now. I'm doing better in college and in my social life and I'm much happier now.
Its still a big problem but I'm getting there. Hopefully soon I'll be in a place where the fear fears me! hehe.

Orlando

Secret_Smile,

Good for you! Keep working at it. It gets even better! :lol: :wink: :D :) :roll: 8O :wink: :eek: :)

Good luck in college!

Cheers!

Anonymous

Another lil update from me.

My CBT has finished and I'm now out on my own. I've been doing very well and my family, friends and teachers have noticed.
I can basically talk now (provided I'm given some time to work out what I need to say) to small groups (in class etc) appart from 1 class where I get panic attacks every lesson and end up running out but I'm working on it and my teacher is helping me.
I'm able to stay in crowded places longer and the ultimate test will be next weekend. Its my 18th birthday and i'm having a party. Hopefully I can stay in there (lol my own party and I may have to leg it).

So I've been working hard and it sounds rude but I hope to soon leave this place for good.

Smile xXx

Anonymous

My 18th went well. I ended up getting very drunk and i can't remember half the night but I was sining and dancing in fron of everyone (after about 2beers- 4 or more and you're officially drunk as a skunk so I was quite sober-ish) I went round and spoke to everone (before any alcohol!!) and had a really cool time.
I still couldn't manage to eat in front of anyone but Its deffinately a step up from sitting silent in the corner.

smile xXx

Frozen_In_Time

Hi Secret_Smile :)

Thanks for updating us. I've not been here for a while either. It's so good to hear that you're getting better. And Happy Belated Birthday to you! I'm glad it went well. :D

All the best,
Frozen_In_Time