Your "miracle" drug

Have you found a "miracle drug" to treat your social anxiety?

• Yes

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters

coyote

Adderall XR is the closest I've come to a miracle drug for SA, but it comes at a high price(not just monetary).

Hi Noca,

I'm curious to hear about what you mean.

I was taking Adderall - prescribed for ADD. Now that I'm not taking it anymore, I realize that it helped me overcome a lot of anxiety issues.

What kind of problems are you having with it? Side effects?

AimeeSP

It said there was 7000 something replys to this thread to me just then. :confused: or maybe am losing me marbles already lmao.

EDIT: Ohhhh never mind it was the person aboves ^ username that confused me lmao!

EscapeArtist

When I was on prozac, I got completely rid of my anxiety.. But it worked differently. I lost the will to eat>> lost a bunch of weight>>motivated to workout>> unknown confidence.

Only problem is that I lost the will to eat because it made me EXTREMELY suicidal, which is very very rare if not impossible for me! I felt like my body wanted to kill me and my head wanted to save me, I was at war.

Fighter86

I try not to take medication if possible, but over the past week, I've been in an incredibly high anxiety situation so I actually had to pull out a bottle of old Xanax that was prescribed in year 2005. I was suppose to be taking a dose of 0.25 when I was prescribed in 2005, but I took them like only once and twice. But just the other day, I was desperate, I woke up with a heavy pounding heart and suddenly thought of the meds and was sooo thankful I didn't threw them away, I took probably about 3mg that day and the day after 4mg, but it didn't seem so effective as the day that I took the 3mg. I wonder if its because the potency is lost because its expired. In anyway, I'm going to the clinic to have a prescription write up for it, I need it for another week to calm myself while I serve my notice period at work, and then perhaps I might switch to a slower acting benzo like klonopin for daily functioning. I have never taken meds for SA except for a very short period of a couple of weeks years back, but looking at the state I'm in now, I probably need the stuff. I'll need to look into making an appointment with a psychiatrist about it ='(.

laundry list

lexapro works well for me. no more laying in bed all day, I don't care about silence when hanging out with people anymore, and I have a new crowd. but I have to say meds don't do the trick, there is no miracle cure, not in chemical form. benzos, anti-psyches, and amphetamines made me crazy. what a journey.

I've been on Zoloft since October (first at 50mg, now 100mg since January) and it's helped me immensely. The first week was awful because I couldn't eat or sleep, but those side effects didn't last past the first 5 days or so.

Now I feel like I'm about 80% cured. So it's not a miracle drug exactly, but still a major improvement over living without medication.

bigrob

Over the past dozen years or so I've been on everything in every combination possible....nothing works.

My doctor decided to keep me on celexa because it causes me the least side effects and I do get worse without it.

seafolly

After a lot of trial and error I was landed with Clonazepam in the early stages of my anxiety. I started at only 0.25 mg and it made a noticeable difference. Unfortunately, as the years passed my body grew tolerant and the doseage was increased. I'm at 1 mg/day now and refuse to increase it any further even if the effect is wearing off. You can't mess with benzos.