Your "miracle" drug

Have you found a "miracle drug" to treat your social anxiety?

• Yes

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters

Tiercel

No miracle drug yet, although Cymbalta was starting to help both my depression and anxiety at 90 mg. After several months I developed a constant burning pain in the general area of my liver. So back down to 60 mg I went.

A month of frustration and hopelessness followed, but now I'm back to my usual slightly depressed, slightly anxious and hyper self. Actually, I've been feeling a bit more anxious and hyper than I was in the autumn, before my change in dosage.

Unfortunately I haven't had any spectacular artistic breakthroughs that could somewhat justify still being to affected to go out and find a job. So until then my life will continue to be on hold, much as it's been the past 6 1/2 years.

dooby-duck

I don't do drugs but the thing I've found the most beneficial to the way I feel is water. Dehydration used to make me feel really rough. Since I started drinking more I hardly ever have headaches or anything like that.

Emily_G

I don't do drugs but the thing I've found the most beneficial to the way I feel is water. Dehydration used to make me feel really rough. Since I started drinking more I hardly ever have headaches or anything like that.

Me either. Everyone keeps talking about a miracle drug for stuttering. Right now in my life...I wouldn't take one, and I can't really see myself ever taking one.

x000x

Well I started with Prozac and that made me freak out at 40 mg. Now I'm on 150 mg of Effexor XR (working up to 225 mg), 50 mg or Seroquel, and I have Ativan to use when I need it. And I smoke American Spirit Light cigarettes which can relax me, except I smoke quite a bit now. The Seroquel is making me really tired. I feel tired all the time now. I'd have to say my anxiety seems to be mostly gone and my depersonalization and derealization isn't as extreme now, but my depression seems to be getting worse. And my insomnia seems to be almost gone. All the symptoms of psychosis I was showing before appear to be much less extreme. But the depression is horrible. I would rather have my anxiety and insomnia back than keep going deeper into depression.

Danfalc

Banned
I think heroin is the best, no? That's logical :D.

I know your joking,but best in what regards :) I don't condone use of illegal street drugs but,Apart from it's soul destroying,life wrecking addictive quality,when smoked Heroin has very few bad side affects,less than Cannabis and other Class C drugs.

With that being said,it's addictive quality is what makes it one of the more horrible drugs.Maybe apart from Crack,I have never seen a drug which can completely take over a persons life.Given enough time,this drug will physically change how you look and even change your voice.User's need to use it on a more frequent basis every day just to feel normal,if they have a break they rapidly suffer painful withdrawals .

So yeah,it's maybe the "best" drug if your hell bent on messing your life up ::p: Though if anyone has had extremely strong pain killers,Like Morphine,it is supposed to be similar in regards to how it feels.

Luke1993

Me either. Everyone keeps talking about a miracle drug for stuttering. Right now in my life...I wouldn't take one, and I can't really see myself ever taking one.

What miracle drug is that if you don't mind me asking? The one everyones talking about to cure stuttering?

Emily_G

What miracle drug is that if you don't mind me asking? The one everyones talking about to cure stuttering?

There was a study done recently on stuttering genes and people in the stuttering community are excited because it's a step closer to finding a drug to cure it. Which, I don't think it is really...everyone's stuttering is different which means hundreds if not thousands of different genes are infected in different people.

Lea

Banned
I know your joking,but best in what regards :) I don't condone use of illegal street drugs but,Apart from it's soul destroying,life wrecking addictive quality,when smoked Heroin has very few bad side affects,less than Cannabis and other Class C drugs.

With that being said,it's addictive quality is what makes it one of the more horrible drugs.Maybe apart from Crack,I have never seen a drug which can completely take over a persons life.Given enough time,this drug will physically change how you look and even change your voice.User's need to use it on a more frequent basis every day just to feel normal,if they have a break they rapidly suffer painful withdrawals .

So yeah,it's maybe the "best" drug if your hell bent on messing your life up ::p: Though if anyone has had extremely strong pain killers,Like Morphine,it is supposed to be similar in regards to how it feels.

I've had a good experience with opioid things so I imagine heroin must be absolute paradise (not that I needed that much, I could do with being just a little bit better :)).

As you said, of course I was joking but I think the same goes for other drugs, especially the "miracle" ones. In this world you can't get something for nothing, so anything that is too good to be true also probably is. It will ask you to pay back later for everything good that it has given to you.

When "pill time" came in the hospitals, I hid them under my tongue, spitting them out after the nurses left. Still, I will not do drugs. I can't even bring myself to take tylenol.

Lea

Banned
When "pill time" came in the hospitals, I hid them under my tongue, spitting them out after the nurses left. Still, I will not do drugs. I can't even bring myself to take tylenol.

Yeah I did that too in the hospital, I just threw them away because they didn't seem to do me good. I got better when I stopped taking them, but they thought it was because they were helping me :).