Your First Car

Silatuyok

What was your first car? Do you have any amusing first car stories, or memories to share? Post a pic if you like. :)

PseudoLoneWolf

It was a Fiat Uno. Had a terrible tendency to slide. I do not know the technical terms in English. Road grip ??? Had a bad accident because of my love for speeding. I have not owned a car since years because the taxes and expenses are not worth it. All the traffic jam and parking problem. I used to love taking the car and driving in the night alone along the coast.

Silatuyok

Not mine but identical.
frontside.JPG

I must have been 20, so it was in the year 2000. It had good handling but really soft suspension, so every roundabout the car would lean right over. I loved that car.

Nice! What year was it? My first car was a 1984 bimmer. It turned on a dime, I loved it.

Silatuyok

I can't remember if mine was two-door or four, but it looked a lot like this:
1990-bmw-318i-sedan.jpg

I'll have to see if I can dig up any pics of it..

dallasthekid

i got a chevy s10 for my first car which is still my car, its a small white truck, and the first day i got it i ran over a squirrel :(

chibiXphantom

first car was a silver 2004 Dodge Stratus. parents bought it for me after graduating high school for me to drive to college/work and such. but i was stupid and went a little too fast on ice back roads one night and crashed. totalled it. =[
now i have a crappy gold alero that i had to buy with what little money i had at the time.

telepathine

my sister and i shared a car (we're a year and a half apart in age), a 1990 ford taurus station wagon called 'jabba the hutt'. my parents gave it to us. free car -- i guess i couldn't complain. :x

i054092.jpg

bcsr

1989 chevy silverado, royal blue and white paint job. bought it when I was 17, just as I was graduating high school. still driving it today.

Finally

Maroon Dodge Shadow called Tootsie.

It didn't have a radio so I used my walkman with speakers plugged into the headphone jack. You could just barely make out that there was music coming out of it.

Silatuyok

It didn't have a radio so I used my walkman with speakers plugged into the headphone jack. You could just barely make out that there was music coming out of it.

Hahahahaa, I have so been there before. Hey, some sound is better than no sound.

MikeyC

Mine was a 1995 silver Toyota Lexcen. It was okay until it started making clunk! clunk! noises when I turned the steering wheel. It lasted about 2 years, which was quite awesome.

Silatuyok

I got my car when it was abandoned in my dad's driveway by my sister, who had let her two young children trash it. So she left it for dead and took off. I was 18 at the time, needed a car to get to night school, so my dad was nice enough to tinker around with it enough to get it into working condition, and I'm pretty sure he sank a good amount of money into it, too. It got me through night school, then I drove it 1700 miles to Arizona State University. It stranded me in Flagstaff on the way there, needed a new water pump. During the following year it stranded me a few more times, mostly just holes in the radiator and that sort of thing. Driving it home from that first year of college was the real kicker. It stranded me, once again, on the border of New Mexico at midnight when I stopped the car at a gas station to get gas. I finally found someone with jumper cables, and I didn't turn the car off for the rest of the 1000+ miles home. I have to add that at this time the new radiator was going out again, so I had to drive through the desert with the heater running full blast to keep it from overheating. That was a very warm ride. It finally died that summer, and I had it hauled off by Goodwill and got a nice tax deduction out of it. Can't complain. As junky as it was and the inside was total crap, I loved that car, and I'm just waiting for the day when I can have a vintage bmw again. But maybe this time I'll have another more reliable car as backup in the likely event that it breaks down, haha.

I don't know how to do the picture thing but it was a 1976 Ford 4x4 truck I had in 2000. Loved it, miss it, traded it for a 1978 model Ford 4x4, 460 V8 4 speed in 2001. Both of these trucks looked showroom new. 2 years later a friend got a Ford Mustang that had a 5.0 Ford engine with a Richmond 5 speed and a supercharger and we THOUGHT in our teenage minds that we could outrun a highway patrol car one night when I was driving, long story short we outran the cop but not his radio. The state police had the road blocked in the next county :thumbdown: If I could have grabbed 4th gear and went thru the grass median without crashing we would've gotten away. Being 17, we didn't go to jail thankfully.

I got my car when it was abandoned in my dad's driveway by my sister, who had let her two young children trash it. So she left it for dead and took off. I was 18 at the time, needed a car to get to night school, so my dad was nice enough to tinker around with it enough to get it into working condition, and I'm pretty sure he sank a good amount of money into it, too. It got me through night school, then I drove it 1700 miles to Arizona State University. It stranded me in Flagstaff on the way there, needed a new water pump. During the following year it stranded me a few more times, mostly just holes in the radiator and that sort of thing. Driving it home from that first year of college was the real kicker. It stranded me, once again, on the border of New Mexico at midnight when I stopped the car at a gas station to get gas. I finally found someone with jumper cables, and I didn't turn the car off for the rest of the 1000+ miles home. I have to add that at this time the new radiator was going out again, so I had to drive through the desert with the heater running full blast to keep it from overheating. That was a very warm ride. It finally died that summer, and I had it hauled off by Goodwill and got a nice tax deduction out of it. Can't complain. As junky as it was and the inside was total crap, I loved that car, and I'm just waiting for the day when I can have a vintage bmw again. But maybe this time I'll have another more reliable car as backup in the likely event that it breaks down, haha.

That was smart to have the heater going :perfect: