Who goes to college/university?

ripewithdecay

Im at the point in my life where I pretty much have to choose to go to school now and start a career or just keep doing the same low paying dead end jobs i've been doing for the past 5 years.
I'd like to know what everyone else's experience with college has been.
To be frank i'm quite terrified of it.

I'm gonna be taking IT i think... is there anyone who is in this field? Did you have to do a lot of presentations and the like during college?

autumn_82

Well, I'm in college though not in IT but English Lit. But presentations will come up in college, though it really varies by major. I will have taken 9 years to finish college because of fear of/ avoidance of presentations and group work. When you begin college you have a much wider selection of possible classes, so pick and choose those that seem not to have presentations. If your university system offers online classes take some of those.
For most presentations I'm shaking, my voice is wavering, and I feel like a complete idiot. While most people warm up as they speak, I just get more terrified. After years of working on my SA I've come to the point where I am able to steel myself and get through it....good luck.

Richey

i'm in the same boat, i just quit a low paying, boring job and now i'm starting an IT diploma at the middle of the year, i have to juggle this with renting too, s'not going to be easy but it can lead to many other opportunities in the long run .. ...

i say think about what you REALLY want to do and go for it now, you have to study every night and dig deep ...

the course, or college can also help you find employment half way through or after you finish it ..

yes you have to do presentations, often its 1-2 for each class module, just relax and remember all the students have to get up there and brave it, just rehearse some lines the week before and make sure you know your stuff ..

Cascadia

I am a college student majoring in computer engineering. At first I was really scared about what other would think of me. However, it has been a lot easier that I thought. Most of the people here are more worried about themselves than other people.

milo001

i'm only in college for 2 months because i can't adapt with my classmates.i'm a failure.but i plan to study back next year hopefully. :roll:

Kien

On friday I have finnished my first of 2 years in college. I live alone and have no friends to spend time with outside school. I'm studying to be 3d-artist. It's hard.

Jay-T

I'm about to go into my fifth and hopefully last year of college. I got a good internship right now and they wanna interview me for a full time position once I graduate, I'm just stalling on committing to an interview. I almost dropped out of school a while ago but I'm glad I didn't. You pretty much need some sort of further education to make it in this economy.