When to perform a maintenance treatment [illustrations].

seekinghelp

Hello all.

After posting my my successful experience with iontophoresis, I've been getting a few messages that ask:

• Can you describe your sweating patterns during your first iontophoresis treatments?
    How do you know when to do maintenance treatments?
    How bad is your sweating when it returns?

So, I thought I'd post an illustration of what happens because it's easier to understand visually than to type out an explanation (Please ignore the oddly shaped hands :wink:)

pore2.jpg

Please note that the illustration is what happened to me. It's not like the official, scientific guide but it's something to refer to. For the post-treatment illustration, it's supposed to represent the dryness level achieved from iontophoresis. For me, I was able to obtain complete dryness. Sweating returns to the fingertips, as seen in the first illustration of the second row, in about 5~7 days after my last treatment. The fingertips get slightly moist, and that indicates to me to perform a maintenance treatment. After that treatment, I'm back to complete dryness.

Anyways, I hope this illustration answers a lot of questions. If not, feel free to ask. Best of luck to all.

Here is some information on iontophoresis machines.

seekinghelp

thao said:
how many treatments or how long does it take to become complete dry

For the initial treatment, 10 days of 10 minute sessions each for hands and feet. Thereafter, when fingertips become moist, it takes 1 or 2 maintenance treatments to get completely dry again.

seekinghelp

hinder87 said:
nice job... could you please do one on the feet also?

Hey Hinder,

It's harder to illustrate the feet, at least for me. For me, the toes don't become moist just like my fingertips.

Instead, I guage my maintenance treatments around my fingertips, not my feet. But, if there were an indicator for maintenance treatment for my feet it would be when the sweating on the sides of my feet increase.

The one thing about the sides of my feet is that they are impossible to keep completely dry. This is because I would have to submerge a good portion of my feet in the tubs and this is difficult because (1) the tubs won't hold enough water to do that and (2) it would be painful.

But, if your feet sweat more than your hands then I guess you would have to be more attentive to your feet, as far as maintenance treatments. For me, my hands are most important. So, when I have to do a treatment for my hands, then I would do my feet. It's been working great for me so far.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

seekinghelp

Are you changing polarities during your treatments? Supposedly, the positive pole achieves dryness more than the negative pole. I can't really quantify how much, but I've noticed it. Also, you feel more of the tingling sensation at the negative pole.

As for keeping my whole palm dry...I wish there's a technique that I could tell you but I don't have one. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones?

And yes, my finger tips can get dry for periods of time. But when they get moist, it's time for treatments, as seen in the illustrations.

I have a theory on why people can't get fingertips to stay dry, and I'll illustrate that soon.

HHzapp said:
For some reason I can never get the side of my left palm dry and my finger tips have only been dry about once or twice in my life. No matter how much ionto I do. ):
How do you manage to keep your whole palm dry??
And your findertips?!?