what song fits your current mood?

LA-girl

dzerklis said:
radiohead - optimistic ehh

I could use some of that myself today...! :wink:

cLavain wrote:
Portishead - numb

How would you describe their music? I've heard the name before, but I'm not sure I've ever heard them play... :?:

LA-girl

Hi cLavain!

Nice description! I've listened to the samples and the first thought that striked my mind was David Lynch for whatever reason...
Shoot me if I'm wrong, but I also found Bertine Zetlits as well in some of these songs... (I guess you've heard of her?!) :wink:

cLavain

*shoots LA-girl* :lol:

I can't honestly hear much Zetlitz in there, but I can't very well deny that you do! She's much more poppy, but I enjoy her music, too.
And yeah, Portishead would suit a Lynch movie well!

Heh, I was just thinking, we're getting good at hijacking threads and having our own conversations! :wink: Sorry, riverbelow!

So, what song fits your current mood, LA-girl?

LA-girl

cLavain said:
*shoots LA-girl* :lol:

AUCH!!!! 8O I never thought you would go ahead and shoot me for real! I can't believe you would do such a thing to me, and even laugh about it afterwards! :cry: Well, well... I'm still alive! :wink:

So, what song fits your current mood, LA-girl?
Ooooh......tough question! Is there a song called: HEADACHE??!! :lol:

cLavain

Oh, LA-girl!! It went off by mistake, I swear! Can you ever forgive me!? :cry:

Look, I'll even telepathically heal your headache! Okay, here goes...

...did it work?

LA-girl

Woohoo! How did you do that? I can't believe it...it's...it's a miracle! I'm healed!! :D How can I resist your request now....What the heck: I'll forgive you! :wink:

brownbag

riverbelow said:
well, mine is the fray- over my head (cable car)

i was thinking of that one too..
also, the fray's - Oceans Away

Right now (you guys should check these 2 out, real cool),

A Perfect Circle - Passive

Motion City Soundtrack - Indoor Living

LA-girl

All my Coldplay-albums are on the verge of melting inside my cd-player...So I was wondering, does anyone in here have any suggestions to some bands/ artists in the same genre? Me and my cd-player would very much appreciate any suggestions!! :wink:

cLavain

@LA-girl:
How about Keane? My sister likes both them and Coldplay.

Oh, and very generous of you to forgive me. I always enter the SPW forums unarmed now.

@Brownbag:
A Perfect Circle...is that the guy from Tool? Tool have some really cool tracks (Ænima), though some of them tend to go on forever without much happening.

LA-girl

cLavain wrote:
@LA-girl:
How about Keane? My sister likes both them and Coldplay.

Thanks for the tip, but they're not exactly my cup of tea...I guess it has something to to with the vocal-singer. :roll:

Btw...have anyone ever listened to Smashing Pumpkins? I think they had some good tunes... (Stand inside your love, Try, try, try, Ava Adore and last, but not least: Crestfallen!) :) If you want a taste check out these samples: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:yzg9keft0q7m

Oh, and very generous of you to forgive me. I always enter the SPW forums unarmed now.

Good!!! Puh...I guess I can finally throw away my bulletproof vest!! :D

brownbag

cLavain said:
@Brownbag:
A Perfect Circle...is that the guy from Tool? Tool have some really cool tracks (Ænima), though some of them tend to go on forever without much happening.

Hah.. yea that's the band with the same singer as Tool's. and yea some of Tool's songs seem to go on forever.. i don't fancy tool though, much less their 'forever lasting' songs.
I'm just a fan of a perfect circle. beautiful mind-taunting tracks. love it.

you listen to a perfect circle too?

cLavain

@Brownbag:
I don't think I've heard any of their songs, but I remember a guy at work talking about them. Maybe I'll check them out at Amazon later. Yeah, Tool are sort of "difficult" and certainly not crowd pleasers! lol

@LA-girl:
I remember SP from the early 90s, but haven't really heard much of their later stuff. They broke up some time ago, didn't they? Disarm and Bodies are pretty good.

brownbag

APC

cLavain said:
@Brownbag:
I don't think I've heard any of their songs, but I remember a guy at work talking about them. Maybe I'll check them out at Amazon later. Yeah, Tool are sort of "difficult" and certainly not crowd pleasers! lol

yeaa, do go and check out especially '3 Libras' by APC. they're amazing.
but that "difficult" behaviour in music is what can be attributed to a band's succes because they go in their own direction, not according to any media suggestion shit. that's what i admire in bands. those are the ones you'd find me listening to especially.
*Looks for the 'Rock-On!' emoticon... hmm.. not there..*
:p

LA-girl

cLavain wrote:
I remember SP from the early 90s, but haven't really heard much of their later stuff. They broke up some time ago, didn't they? Disarm and Bodies are pretty good.

I write: :wink:
Yeah, unfortunately they did break up a few years ago. As far as I know I think Billy Corgan moved on to a solo-project, without nearly the same success as Smashing Pumpkins though… However I've heard some rumors about a reunion and a new album, I have yet to check out the credability in those rumors....
Anyway, whether they are reunited or not their music is at least very much alive :D
I highly recommend their last greatest hits album, Rotten Apples!
I found some samples at Amazon as well, check it out at:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...7879/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/202-5373052-4274251

dzerklis

oh yes smashing pumpkins, one of my favourite bands, i still listen their greatest hits at times.