visualization-love

lonelee1

for those of us who are a bit lonely..i've started to try visualization techniques. my self esteem gets pretty low sometimes and i don't think that i'd ever be able to be in a real relationship with anyone. love and dating are complex in themselves, and sometimes i wonder if i'm even meant to have either.

the social anxiety and other disorders that usually come with it can get us really down about ourselves. we feel ashamed of our very person, and don't let ourselves feel love and acceptance.

so i've started visualizing love. sometimes i imagine people accepting me and loving me just the way i am. just really focus on them accepting you for you, not who you think they want you to be. don't imagine yourself when you are 'better' or not shy anymore. imagine them accepting you fully, the way you are at the moment. you could do this for all sorts of love. imagine someone giving you a romantic, accepting embrace. or walking into a room and people smiling at you warmly without judgement. because you are normal and equal to everybody else. really feel yourself being you and receiving acceptance.

i just started doing this. it's hard to stay on these positive thoughts because your mind will tell you to go back to thinking none of these positive scenarios are possible. but stick with the visualizations and really feel the power and bliss of feeling loved, in any way.

hope this helps us all

Last edited:

planemo

that's an excellent idea. the biggest problem for me though, is that even on a fantasy basis i find it hard to accept myself as i am. i need to look better, feel better and have better social skills otherwise i think no one will be interested in me.

but i guess i have to accept who i am first before i can expect others to do the same. so yes, i will try to visualize myself being myself and still being capable of love.

i have terrible sleep since my dreams are exceptionally vivid, but when i get a good dream it makes it all the more special. that good dream is usually being the objection of affection of someone with no conditions and without them wanting a better version of me. so even if i have to manufacture such scenarios in my head, i guess it's way better than not experiencing them at all. :thumbup:

lonelee1

that's an excellent idea. the biggest problem for me though, is that even on a fantasy basis i find it hard to accept myself as i am. i need to look better, feel better and have better social skills otherwise i think no one will be interested in me.

but i guess i have to accept who i am first before i can expect others to do the same. so yes, i will try to visualize myself being myself and still being capable of love.

i have terrible sleep since my dreams are exceptionally vivid, but when i get a good dream it makes it all the more special. that good dream is usually being the objection of affection of someone with no conditions and without them wanting a better version of me. so even if i have to manufacture such scenarios in my head, i guess it's way better than not experiencing them at all. :thumbup:

i have similar dreams often. they're so nice, but then i wake up and realize i can't hold on to those good feelings for too long. but then i think i can work to make these things happen in real life. and at least in our dreams, we're able to feel that good! that's how other people feel! why can't it be for us? it can.

just imagine yourself being received with love wherever you are in life.

don't picture how you look or all your faults or anything, just yourself, just your 'soul' even, seeing and experiencing love and acceptance. however that looks to you and makes you feel the best.

i've done this for a good few hours and i feel better. try to incorporate these as often as you can all day.

Last edited:

Barrier

I have tried this, but it doesn't work for me any more. Over time I grew too attached to the visualizations and made my regular life feel even more empty. I miss the daydreams, but in the end they even got me down more.

lonelee1

I have tried this, but it doesn't work for me any more. Over time I grew too attached to the visualizations and made my regular life feel even more empty. I miss the daydreams, but in the end they even got me down more.

hm, i wonder if there's a way around that. i think these are exercises in self acceptance in some way. maybe visualizing that you are capable and you are normal, lovable, etc. so you can apply that emotion to real life.

i don't know, i'll try anything. i really want to get better.

cocorose

for those of us who are a bit lonely..i've started to try visualization techniques. my self esteem gets pretty low sometimes and i don't think that i'd ever be able to be in a real relationship with anyone. love and dating are complex in themselves, and sometimes i wonder if i'm even meant to have either.

the social anxiety and other disorders that usually come with it can get us really down about ourselves. we feel ashamed of our very person, and don't let ourselves feel love and acceptance.

so i've started visualizing love. sometimes i imagine people accepting me and loving me just the way i am. just really focus on them accepting you for you, not who you think they want you to be. don't imagine yourself when you are 'better' or not shy anymore. imagine them accepting you fully, the way you are at the moment. you could do this for all sorts of love. imagine someone giving you a romantic, accepting embrace. or walking into a room and people smiling at you warmly without judgement. because you are normal and equal to everybody else. really feel yourself being you and receiving acceptance.

i just started doing this. it's hard to stay on these positive thoughts because your mind will tell you to go back to thinking none of these positive scenarios are possible. but stick with the visualizations and really feel the power and bliss of feeling loved, in any way.

hope this helps us all

This is great.. I feel exactly the same.. I think maybe I'm just meant to be alone, because I've been alone so long maybe I don't know how to be with anyone, and I wonder if I can even handle it. Great post :)

laure15

so i've started visualizing love. sometimes i imagine people accepting me and loving me just the way i am. just really focus on them accepting you for you, not who you think they want you to be. don't imagine yourself when you are 'better' or not shy anymore. imagine them accepting you fully, the way you are at the moment.

I started doing this recently. It does help me sleep better. I have days when I wake up feeling dead tired but doing love visualizations helps imbue me with energy.