UK walking trails?

Sometimes I wish I lived in the UK. Then I'd go walking around the countryside. See the moors, the cliffs, the hills and lakes. Has anyone done this? Is it possible to do this without encountering too many people or cities? Maybe it's too developed nowadays. Or are the trails full of rugged outdoor types with REI gear and girlfriends? :rolleyes:

And then I'd build a stone hut on some beach in Scotland and live there. On seaweed and fish. Or build a boat out of driftwood and sail to the Faroe Islands and live there. Less people :)

Lea

Banned
And then I'd build a stone hut on some beach in Scotland and live there. On seaweed and fish. Or build a boat out of driftwood and sail to the Faroe Islands and live there. Less people :)

Close to one of my dreams. I have visited Outer Hebrides in the past and it was so amazing there, I always wanted to return but still haven´t done it. England is expensive for travel.

Wow, that must have been interesting - what are the Outer Hebrides like? I got to drive through Scotland once in the winter with my brother, and I remember loving all the misty hills - it was beautiful and kind of awe-inspiring. We got as far as Loch Ness, but didn't go to the Isle of Skye unfortunately.