Tryptophan, Oramin G, and Zolam?

Collar

I've just seen a psychiatrist for the first time and he prescribed the following for my depression:

- Tryptophan, tabs.
- Oramin G, caps.

then he added later in the same session:

-Zolam

I looked them up on the net and I couldn't get, aside from Zolam, what they are for? I doubt they are hardcore meds for depression..?

Collar

I went to grab the meds just to learn that this is not really that easy job!

the Zolam thing apparently turned out to be an addictive drug or something, because I was almost accused of forging the prescription to get the med and I was turned down by some of them who refused to give it to me!

I got the meds eventually and I'm going to start with them soon

Last edited:

Davevanza

I've just seen a psychiatrist for the first time and he prescribed the following for my depression:

- Tryptophan, tabs.
- Oramin G, caps.

then he added later in the same session:

-Zolam

I looked them up on the net and I couldn't get, aside from Zolam, what they are for? I doubt they are hardcore meds for depression..?

Hi,

Zolam is Alprazolam, a benzodiazepine for treating anxiety.

Tryptophan is converted in our bodies to become Serotonin.

Oramin G is a multivitamin with Korean Ginseng in it.

About Serotonin,
People who have high Serotonin level tend to be Optimistic, Calm, Patient, and Good Natured.
They also tend to be focused, creative and have a good liability to concentrate.
Physiologically they usually sleep well, don't have undue craving for carbs.

People with low Serotonin level, tends to be depressed, anxious, irritable, impatient. They also crave for simple carbs, often suffer insomnia.

The lowest level of Serotonin are found in people who have attempted suicide.

( But NOT everyone with these genetic tendency will show those symptoms.
There are also many other factors involved in this disorder.)

Collar

Is Tryptophan (with an a) different from Tryptophen (with an e)?

there are some tabs with Tryptophen on it along with Amitriptyline HCI? what is Amitriptyline for?

also does anyone have an idea if Zolam can be safely taken, or is it seriously addictive? the doc didn't say any warning on this med although it is apparently an addictive drug?