TOO SCARED TO ANSWER THE PHONE

chav

I know this sounds stupid but whenever my mum asks me to phone someone i back down and try and find excuses. I feel anxious and feel that answering the phone or phoning someone is just as bad as being around someone. Please tell me someone else feels the same! :oops:

mysticamor

No your not the only one. Most of the time I don't bother answering or calling people up. I especilaly hate answering the phone when it is someone I know and they then want to start a long conversation. I can't stand that!

chav

lol good idea but if it doesnt work for you im not sure if it will work for me...considering im not a big eater either. Thanx for the tip tho!! :D

J

Yeah, I have trouble with the phone too. If I'm talking to someone I don't know well my voice will quiver and I'll be all worried about screwing up my words. And I HATE talking on the phone if anyone can overhear me (I don;'t understand how loudmouths can blabber on their phones in public!!). I had to make two calls for work today and had to find a deserted office with a door to do it. (The office had a door; I didn't use a door to find the office. :) )

SaharaWorld

J said:
And I HATE talking on the phone if anyone can overhear me (I don;'t understand how loudmouths can blabber on their phones in public!!). I had to make two calls for work today and had to find a deserted office with a door to do it. (The office had a door; I didn't use a door to find the office. :) )

LOL! Yeah, I do this, if someone calls I have to find an empty room in order to feel comfortable!! It normally makes people think I have something to hide!

allanboy

i have this when calling someone i dont know(lately girls[may sound much, but only one heh]). Strange godamn fear, just cant grab the damn phone and dial.

Well, try jumping around, exercise a bit, and wear your best outfit, or however you think you are best looking

chav

allanboy said:
i have this when calling someone i dont know(lately girls[may sound much, but only one heh]). Strange godamn fear, just cant grab the damn phone and dial.

Well, try jumping around, exercise a bit, and wear your best outfit, or however you think you are best looking

Thats when ur trying to get a girlfriend ect. everyone get nervous when they're trying to impress someone. And why would you want to wear your best outfit? No-one can see you when your on the phone so whats the point?

black_mamba

SaharaWorld said:
LOL! Yeah, I do this, if someone calls I have to find an empty room in order to feel comfortable!! It normally makes people think I have something to hide!

I do this too, but I've also seen lots of extroverted people do it as well. I guess it seems kinda rude to talk aloud on the phone in front of other people.

Ooo oompa lumpas and adult films? :?

Toad

chav said:
I know this sounds stupid but whenever my mum asks me to phone someone i back down and try and find excuses. I feel anxious and feel that answering the phone or phoning someone is just as bad as being around someone. Please tell me someone else feels the same! :oops:

I am the king of making excuses and manipulating people to make calls for me. Whenever there is a pizza to be ordered I become very busy. I've only had to order a pizza once :p.

I also really hate answering the phone...I wait until the last ring to pick up in hopes that someone else will get it, which is normally the case. Phones are overrated anyways...that's what AIM is for.

chav said:
allanboy said:

Thats when ur trying to get a girlfriend ect. everyone get nervous when they're trying to impress someone. And why would you want to wear your best outfit? No-one can see you when your on the phone so whats the point?

I dunno...I have to take a shower before I call this one girl (although...I've only called her like 4 times...normally she does the calling)...it's really odd...I guess I'm more relaxed after a shower...maybe some people get more relaxed and confident when they look good? Makes sense to me at least.

SaharaWorld

Taws wrote: hide what....like your plans to take part in the adult film industry and your secret connections to the underground world of oompa loompas?

Black mamba wrote: Ooo oompa lumpas and adult films?

Oh no! Both taws and Black mamba are on to me. I am so busted!

black_mamba

I'm gonna let the BFPCOL* know about this straight away!!

Oh no wait, that means using a phone.

Ok, carry on Sahara. :D

*British Federation for the Prevention of Cruelty to Oumpa Luumpas. Catchy, non?

Horatio

Ive found a cheats way out... I have NEVER ONCE answered the phone in my flat because NOONE has my phone number so therfore the phone is NEVER for me so I have no reason to answer it :lol:

chav

I also really hate answering the phone...I wait until the last ring to pick up in hopes that someone else will get it, which is normally the case.

I do this all the time!

Faith

Steve-182 said:
I agree, I'm not keen at all at answering the phones. Domestically yeah I need to be alone in a room to be even half comfortable. I've found that when I'm at work I can put on a "work persona" and just think "this isn't me" when answering the phone, so that's how I get around it. I imagine that the phone problem is common though for most of us. :(

Oh my gosh! I do this too at my job. It's like I put myself in a different frame of mind in order to answer the phone. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. :p

renegade

I got over it...well, partially. I say to myself don't give a fu*k about the person you're talking to, just answer her/his questions, what is the reason to make a good impresion anyway, i just focus on the subject of the discusion, not on the way I sound, what words do I use, what is and what isn't wright to say...and all that.

Most of the time it works, but when the conversation becomes more focused on me, like : ''and how are you doing; what do you think about...;can you...'' i kind of lose control and SP takes over.

Conversation with girls is OK too, as long as it's not on the emotional side, when i have to express my opinions and feelings. I'll have to work on that. I had trouble expressing my thoughts and feelings on chat too, but is not the case anymore...and in real life...when i'm completley drunk it's like i don't know what SP is, I can let it all out 8)

sugaryberries

I use to absolutely hate the phone. Now I only hate it.

It's so ridiculous. I'm 19 and I keep thinking this is so stupid. I'm like what- do you think they are going to laugh at you over the phone. And I think yes, they will laugh at me. I don't know why. I hate calling to make appointments- for the dentist, hair, doctor. I have my mom do it. Sometimes I bribe my sister in to doing it. The times when I do call I feel so nervous and it's like this person is going to think I am so stupid. But, I logically know that is not true, however when I pick up the phone, my heart starts beating so fast.

I used to have this horrible thing about calling pizza places. I still don't like to do it, but it doesn't bother me as much.

I also actually don't like calling my family members and talking to them either. Like my grandparents- I feel that they will be like "why is she calling and bothering me" or something like that.