Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

So my conclusion after all i had read is that... schizoid i have been always ...and i recognize me in paranoid but just in some situation and with people that i care about and they disapoined me.
In obsesive-complusive i recognize just the part "They avoid working in teams, believing others to be too careless or incompetent. They avoid making decisions because they fear making mistakes".
I auto-suggestion myself to become antisocial after bad experiences with people. If i don't find quickly people who can prove to me that i have a wrong opinion about all this world ... i gonna develop an antisocial personality who lead inevitably to narcisism. (i hope not :( ).

And now what?! I don't wanna take pills or go to a psychologist .............:( :( :(

There are descriptions...

This is exactly me.

People with SCHIZOID personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion. Unlike avoidants, schizoids genuinely prefer to be alone and do not secretly wish for popularity. They tend to seek jobs that require little social contact. Their social skills are often weak and they do not show a need for attention or acceptance. They are perceived by others as humorless and distant and often are termed "loners."

Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant. They usually shift blame to other people and tend to carry long grudges.

A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. Antisocials tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. Narcissists tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them.

Hm ... thost things doesn't match...

While Obsessive-Compulsive personality disorder (OCDP) sounds similar in name to obsessive-compulsive anxiety disorder, the two are markedly different disorders. People with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder are overly focused on orderliness and perfection. Their need to do everything "right" often interferes with their productivity. They tend to get caught up in the details and miss the bigger picture. They set unreasonably high standards for themselves and others, and tend to be very critical of others when they do not live up to these high standards. They avoid working in teams, believing others to be too careless or incompetent. They avoid making decisions because they fear making mistakes and are rarely generous with their time or money. They often have difficulty expressing emotion.

I don't have at all social phobia ... Avoidant personality is low and i don't recognize in this description.

Avoidant personality disorder is characterized by extreme social anxiety. People with this disorder often feel inadequate, avoid social situations, and seek out jobs with little contact with others. Avoidants are fearful of being rejected and worry about embarassing themselves in front of others. They exaggerate the potential difficulties of new situations to rationalize avoiding them. Often, they will create fantasy worlds to substitute for the real one. Unlike schizoid personality disorder, avoidants yearn for social relations yet feel they are unable to obtain them. They are frequently depressed and have low self-confidence.

Starry

I've done this test before, but I did it again anyway, I'm not sure the results are that accurate though...

My results:

Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Very High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Very High

I may be avoidant, and I may be paranoid, (Though I don't think I actually have a personality disorder, I'm just generally paranoid) as for borderline, okay, I have mood swings sometimes, but I do not have a personality disorder.

I'm not Obsessive compulsive either, I wish people would stop thinking that I am. That's two online friends, my mum and this test that's said it now. I'm not.

As for being moderately Narcissistic - that couldn't be further from the truth, I see myself as FAR inferior to others, not superior. I am picky about friends, but that's because I don't trust people not because I think they're unworthy...

I'm not hitrionic as I hate being the centre of attention, though I will sometimes milk sympathy a little, but everyone does that from time to time.

Moderately dependant, okay, that sounds a little like me: I am very clingy. But I'm sure most people could find aspects of themselves in these descriptions, it doesn't mean you actually have a disorder.

I wouldn't worry too much about what the test says, just because you can relate to parts of the descriptions doesn't mean you actually have the disorders. But if you really are worried, perhaps you should see a doctor.

Marvolo

I've also done it some time ago, and there was some divergence between those results and my feelings - the AvPD is supposed in it to be only moderate at me... :?:

Dreamer_15

heres mine, i know its not accurate but i think some of it rings pretty true and when i was reading the questions i felt i could kinda understand myself a bit better? anyway:

Disorder | Rating
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: High
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High[/url]

LittleMissMuffet

I have decided to ignore such tests. There are several good reasons for this....

1) the fact that psychologists don't know everything and change their 'diagnoses' ALL the time eg: people with 'Asperger's syndrome' were once diagnosed as having shizoid personality,

2) diagnoses can sometimes make people feel better, like how a person can feel relieved to know they have 'such-and-such' a problem and it's not just made-up but there is a basis for it; other people are made to feel worse by being given a diagnosis -which is particularly true if it doesn't quite fit you

3) ....there are fine differences between one disorder and a more severe 'version' of it; and for this reason, it is definetly possible to 'misdiagnose' and put someone who really doesn't have as severe a problem into a category that says that they do -making them feel worse and putting a more negative spin on their problems. ...this is evidenced by the fact that many students who go through the psychologists universal handbook for diagnosing disorders, called the DSM, find themselves feeling insecure as their own personalities seem to fall under at least one of the so called 'disorders' listed in the DSM. Even professional psychiatrists make such a mistake -official studies revealing that 1 in 4 psychiatrists actually will diagnose a 'healthy' person as having a disorder! -check this out on the net if you don't believe me

4) and just what is 'healthy' anyway? what is 'normal'? what is a 'disorder'? ...be careful with diagnoses that can add an extra load to what you already are carrying, because if you are either not ready yet to face your problem, and/or you get told you have a problem that is in fact different to what you have -well, this just has a negative effect. Positive thinking is always the cure and sometimes psychiatric treatment makes people worse off than they were already -studies have suggested that despite the treatments set up for the mentally ill, that people in the 3rd world who lack such services tend to do much better.

5) Also, 'diagnoses' are just a way for others to describe who you are, and for you to describe through others eyes who you are. But being 'healthy' and happy and confident is all based on trusting your own individual intuition about who you are. Never give-up your own independent ideas in favor for someone elses' -others thoughts are secondary in importance and they can never be a substitute for self-confidence.

6) Life's too short to place much trust in others' "expert" opinions. And when all is said and done, there is only you. And, what does anybody really know of this world?

7) One more: diagnoses limit people. They try to put a stop to change and evolution, but the world continues to evolve regardless. In fact, I recall the expert opinion of some psychologists that Carl Jung, the Father of Anlaytical Psychology himself, suffered from Schizoid Personality Disorder. Reading the description -it sounds something like the personality of a prophet. ...what of the positive side to such "disorders"-? There is a fine line between the strongest mind and the weakest. Remember that.

Pitrus

THis test is a bull how can i be narcistic and have a low self opinnion at the same time and how can i be Antisocial and Histrionic at the same time.
This test is alittle off.

anyway those are mine

Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: High click
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Moderate
Narcissistic: Very High

LittleMissMuffet

Little Miss Muffet's List of Personality "Disorders&quo

....and their descriptions....

Paranoid Personality Disorder.
Fiercely independent and strongly self-sufficient. History may show abuse during childhood that has taught this person to not trust others. Otherwise they simply have strong survival instincts that, if chanelled well can cause this individual to be a very good leader.

Schizoid Personality Disorder
The 'loner' personality, grossly misunderstood by most people. One who enjoys the quiet of solitude which society eroneously judges as being 'abnormal'. This individual is capable of unique insights and may often be the 'Great Thinker' personality. Many great thinkers in history are said to have 'suffered' from this 'disorder'; Carl Gustav Jung, the Father of Analytical Psychology, was said to have been one.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Like the Shcizoid type, this personality falls under the category of 'the visionary', and 'the prophet'. Known for their eccentricity and creative flair, they have a unique access to mystical phenomena that may or may not be real. Often this personality type may be an artist. Training of thinking and emotions is required to harness this individual's capacity for higher awareness and insight, so as to not remain 'lost' in the confusion that the attainment of higher conciousness can bring. Just as reaching higher conciouness requires stepping outside of "normal" thinking and awareness - "You will lose your mind and come to your senses" said psychologist Fritz Perls. This characteristic of being willing or able :!: to go past normal conceptual awareness is what all those who attain enlightenment have in common.

Antisocial Personality Type.
Highly misunderstood personality. An individual with a high sensitivity towards others. This strong emotionality requires training in order to avoid the individual feeling highly vulnerable and their emotional energy being mis-directed. A person with a strong capacity to empathise and feel and express compassion, who requires -like all others (mis) diagnosed as having only negative characteristics ie: a Personality DISORDER- encouragement and support. With proper support and training (mind, and emotional) this individual can develop to express their true inner nature as opposed to the artificial, negative nature, and the highly altruistic and compassionate individual within is made manifest without also.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Develops strong emotional attachments towards others. Great capacity for empathy and emotional maturity. Again, with proper training and support, the inner personality can be made manifest outside. It is well worth it as this individual has a stronger than usual capacity to express love and emotions. Often can have a high sex drice that goes with this overall passionate personality. Also may be considered by the opposite sex as highly attractive, like in 'Girl Interrupted'.

Histrionic Personality Disorder
The "Actor Personality Type". The "Big Brother Contestant". Many Hollywood stars would fall into this category, or otherwise the BPD category. Loves and audience and thrives on admiration. Is a born performer with a talent for conveying feelings to others in a persuasive manner. Much charisma and appeal. There is, of course, an equal down side to the up side. Again, such talent may require chanelling so as to be positively expressed.

Narcissitic Personality Disorder
Similar to the HPD, the NPD is less the performer but retains the high personal charisma and charm. The danger is, again, over self involvement and a tendency towards lying that comes with this individual's charm and persuasive traits. Needs to channel such energy positively. Many so-called 'normal' people 'suffer' from degrees of this disorder.

Avoidant Personality Disorder
A highly sensitive individual. Great charisma and emotional energy -that when ineffectively channeled/trained can be directed negatively. Again, great potential yet to be realised exists here, as this personality type has a powerful personal presence and charisma -and the strong energy og this powerful creator, of course, is precisely what scares this individual and causes them to avoid people. With training and persistence, however, this individual can realise such potential, experiencing their strong emotional energy and magnetic personality in a highly positive as opposed to negative way. Also, may have a talent and inclination for creativity and insight.

Dependent Personality Disorder
Very caring creature. Similar to the Borderline in how they form strong bonds with others and have a great capacity for emotional empathy. With training, again, this individual can realise such a high potential for compassion and mature emotional understanding of others. In fact, this individual has a strong potential to become highly independent and self-actualised: their so-called "disorder" being misleading; and a desire and tendency for independence hiding within this individual's dependent and needy appearance. With some encouragement, this individual will come to find courage within -and when they do, they will posses a level of independence and self-sufficiency that few people will have mastered.

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder
The type of person who makes the breakthrough and creates the great work of art. Their passion for perfection is merely a form of a passion for life, just as the search for perfection underscores all survival and achievement. Such positive characteristics -these people are often responsible for great achievements- nonetheless may require a different sort of discipline that brings perspective to this individual's strong tendency towards focus. Focus without perspective can be counterproductive and also can result in great distress, anxiety, and also simply being in a 'rut'. Again, with appropriate training, patience and support, this individual can rise past their limitations and re-experience the positives of having a so-called 'personality disorder'.

.........I think you get the jist!
Muffy :D

LittleMissMuffet

You raise some interesting questions, Phantom.

I wish I understoood enough to answer you well.

I do get what you mean about how some people are not unhappy and that there are positives to what many would judge as awful states of being. I think that all that matters is whether a person is happy -and that sanity is really what makes us happy and insanity is what does bring us happiness. That any other judgement is too limited and irrelevant. What is 'sanity'? and what matters really except happiness-?

It is great that you have recovered -eventhough you say you miss certain aspects of being shizotypal.

I am reading some thoughts on how to approach doubt and confusion. It is a little too heavy to get into right nw (and it is quite late in the night here for me also) but they seem to involve seeing two sides, both the positive and negative and accepting both. How this is done, however, is more complicated. For example, some people believe that doubting oneself and awfulising one's condition may be part of the process of growth. ...To make things simpler for my self, as I don't understand such complex ideas, I stick to the idea of seeing the glass as both half full and half empty -that way I can choose between these two.

Well, it is late and as I've said: such ideas are a little over my head anyway.

Tryin

Oh please, take this kind of tests with a grain of salt.

Schizoid: High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

I don't think it's apropriate, especially having only two answers to choose from, yes and no... well, I always thought like "sometimes, but...". Oh, I believe i am NOT paranoid. Oh, and I believe I AM a little antisocial. And, oh, and I don't believe that test. Although I will probably think about it.

Tryin

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_mental_disorder_do_you_have

Wow, this test is even better. :roll: According to the test, I am manic-depressive, my mum has OCD and brother has ADD. This great test has a diagnosis for everyone. Maybe there has been enough tests like "what celebrity are you like", "what should your style this summer be" and "how good are you in bed". Now it's mental disorders what's in. Or what.

eggbe4thechicken

I just did the test and it was so unbelievably wrong. I forgot to copy it and post it on here, and can't be bothered to do it again. Anyway it said that I was hist(something) I can't remember, but basically that I was always centre of attention. How very strange?

Pretender

Disorder Rating

Paranoid: Moderate
Borderline: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

i already thought i had AvPD.... :roll:

Zarrix

I was Very High in Paranoid, Schizotypal and Avoidant. High in Narcissist and low to moderate in everything else.

very_shy

My results:

Disorder | Rating
Schizoid: High
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High

Carstuar

Disorder | Rating
Narcissistic: Very High
Dependent: Very High

The test is probably pretty accurate for me in everything except obsessive-compulsive, which is just wrong. Should be low.

Great_Beyond

Schizoid: Moderate
Avoidant: High

I don't think this test was meant to be taken seriously. I mean it's an online test. What do you expect?

For me it is

Paranoid: Very High
Dependent: Very High

noblame4

Re: Little Miss Muffet's List of Personality "Disorders

LittleMissMuffet said:
....and their descriptions....

Paranoid Personality Disorder.
Fiercely independent and strongly self-sufficient. History may show abuse during childhood that has taught this person to not trust others. Otherwise they simply have strong survival instincts that, if chanelled well can cause this individual to be a very good leader.

Schizoid Personality Disorder
The 'loner' personality, grossly misunderstood by most people. One who enjoys the quiet of solitude which society eroneously judges as being 'abnormal'. This individual is capable of unique insights and may often be the 'Great Thinker' personality. Many great thinkers in history are said to have 'suffered' from this 'disorder'; Carl Gustav Jung, the Father of Analytical Psychology, was said to have been one.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Like the Shcizoid type, this personality falls under the category of 'the visionary', and 'the prophet'. Known for their eccentricity and creative flair, they have a unique access to mystical phenomena that may or may not be real. Often this personality type may be an artist. Training of thinking and emotions is required to harness this individual's capacity for higher awareness and insight, so as to not remain 'lost' in the confusion that the attainment of higher conciousness can bring. Just as reaching higher conciouness requires stepping outside of "normal" thinking and awareness - "You will lose your mind and come to your senses" said psychologist Fritz Perls. This characteristic of being willing or able :!: to go past normal conceptual awareness is what all those who attain enlightenment have in common.

Antisocial Personality Type.
Highly misunderstood personality. An individual with a high sensitivity towards others. This strong emotionality requires training in order to avoid the individual feeling highly vulnerable and their emotional energy being mis-directed. A person with a strong capacity to empathise and feel and express compassion, who requires -like all others (mis) diagnosed as having only negative characteristics ie: a Personality DISORDER- encouragement and support. With proper support and training (mind, and emotional) this individual can develop to express their true inner nature as opposed to the artificial, negative nature, and the highly altruistic and compassionate individual within is made manifest without also.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Develops strong emotional attachments towards others. Great capacity for empathy and emotional maturity. Again, with proper training and support, the inner personality can be made manifest outside. It is well worth it as this individual has a stronger than usual capacity to express love and emotions. Often can have a high sex drice that goes with this overall passionate personality. Also may be considered by the opposite sex as highly attractive, like in 'Girl Interrupted'.

Histrionic Personality Disorder
The "Actor Personality Type". The "Big Brother Contestant". Many Hollywood stars would fall into this category, or otherwise the BPD category. Loves and audience and thrives on admiration. Is a born performer with a talent for conveying feelings to others in a persuasive manner. Much charisma and appeal. There is, of course, an equal down side to the up side. Again, such talent may require chanelling so as to be positively expressed.

Narcissitic Personality Disorder
Similar to the HPD, the NPD is less the performer but retains the high personal charisma and charm. The danger is, again, over self involvement and a tendency towards lying that comes with this individual's charm and persuasive traits. Needs to channel such energy positively. Many so-called 'normal' people 'suffer' from degrees of this disorder.

Avoidant Personality Disorder
A highly sensitive individual. Great charisma and emotional energy -that when ineffectively channeled/trained can be directed negatively. Again, great potential yet to be realised exists here, as this personality type has a powerful personal presence and charisma -and the strong energy og this powerful creator, of course, is precisely what scares this individual and causes them to avoid people. With training and persistence, however, this individual can realise such potential, experiencing their strong emotional energy and magnetic personality in a highly positive as opposed to negative way. Also, may have a talent and inclination for creativity and insight.

Dependent Personality Disorder
Very caring creature. Similar to the Borderline in how they form strong bonds with others and have a great capacity for emotional empathy. With training, again, this individual can realise such a high potential for compassion and mature emotional understanding of others. In fact, this individual has a strong potential to become highly independent and self-actualised: their so-called "disorder" being misleading; and a desire and tendency for independence hiding within this individual's dependent and needy appearance. With some encouragement, this individual will come to find courage within -and when they do, they will posses a level of independence and self-sufficiency that few people will have mastered.

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder
The type of person who makes the breakthrough and creates the great work of art. Their passion for perfection is merely a form of a passion for life, just as the search for perfection underscores all survival and achievement. Such positive characteristics -these people are often responsible for great achievements- nonetheless may require a different sort of discipline that brings perspective to this individual's strong tendency towards focus. Focus without perspective can be counterproductive and also can result in great distress, anxiety, and also simply being in a 'rut'. Again, with appropriate training, patience and support, this individual can rise past their limitations and re-experience the positives of having a so-called 'personality disorder'.

.........I think you get the jist!
Muffy :D

WHAT?! Where'd you get this?! This reads like a horoscope! ...and it's completely wrong, too. Read this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Antisocial disorder is like prerequisite for serial killers.