Stressed over College Interview

VainCape

Hi guys, I have a college interview tomorrow and I'm getting really anxious about it. I don't know how I'm going to hold up with the sweaty hands, the guy is obviously going to see how terribly jittery and nervous I am that he is going to reject me straight away. Need some tips to help through this :kickingmyself: :kickingmyself: :crying:

jaim38

If you get rejected, don't take it personally. Colleges especially the elite ones like Harvard and Yale are very biased in accepting students. Examples include accepting a certian number of people for certain majors, filling racial quotas, etc. To alleviate the anxiety, I suggest practicing with someone else perhaps a family member so that you get your act together before the actual interview. Good luck and remember, it's not teh end of the world if you didn't get in!

I thought I'd share this article:

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...ther-top-colleges-can-be-surprisingly-helpful

Earthcircle

You have no idea what the interviewer might be looking for. You might make a good impression in some way that you never thought of and which has nothing to do with sweaty palms or appearing nervous. I can tell you one thing for certain: if you do appear nervous, the interviewer will *not* think the following: "This person is nervous. Why on Earth are they nervous? I just don't understand." It's an interview, so they expect to see some nervousness. I wouldn't worry about that so much.

VainCape

Hope your interview went well.

It was largely a disaster. I ended up stuttering, rambling, ummm'ing alot. Some of my sentences didn't even make sense and I bet I appeared downright anxious and stupid. Oh well, not like I had a chance of getting in anyways.

Im just glad its over now.

Earthcircle

It was largely a disaster. I ended up stuttering, rambling, ummm'ing alot. Some of my sentences didn't even make sense and I bet I appeared downright anxious and stupid. Oh well, not like I had a chance of getting in anyways.

Im just glad its over now.

You haven't heard the decision yet.

Meggy0001

I had a university interview and pretty much what you said happened to me and I though I didn't get in but did. It probably didn't go as bad as you thought :)