Some tips

vexatiousmind

Ronald M. Rapee (1998) suggests a cognitive approach to shyness andSocial Phobia utilizing the following techniques, among others:
• Motivate yourself by recording why you want to change.

• Develop self-control.

• Learn relationship skills.

• Learn how to interpret and think about situations and other people more real-istically, for example, by learning that feelings and emotions are directlycaused by thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs, not by the things going on outside.

• Identify and change basic beliefs and unwritten laws such as everyone mustlike me and if I am not liked I am worthless.

• Identify and challenge basic fears—the things that make you anxious.

• Don’t overestimate the likelihood that bad things will happen in social situa-tions. Ask, “What is the evidence for the expectations?” and, reassuringly, tellyourself, if the worst should occur, “So what?”

• Use meditation and relaxation to reduce anxiety.

• Practice attention-strengthening exercises to help pay strict attention to the taskat hand.

• Engage in previously avoided behaviors gradually, one step at a time, stay in asituation until you start to calm down, and don’t be discouraged by bad days.

• Enhance your results by getting feedback from people you trust and by vid-eotaping yourself so that you can see yourself as others see you

Last edited:

moon_x

thoses are good tip, thanks for sharing. It does work, its just the matter of being motivated, determined and sticking to the plan.