social phobia to an extreme level..

ktea

I have social phobia, and it SUCKS.

I'm afraid to answer the phone.
I'm afraid to answer the door.
If my mom or sister's, brother's, etc) friend comes over, I literally hide in my room until they leave. I pretty much avoid all social gatherings. I don't like parties, field trips, being around large groups of people. I get very anxious and feel like I'm going to have a panic attack, and embarrass myself even more. I hate it when people look at me or start a conversation with me. What am I suppose to say? "Sorry, I have social phobia. I can't talk to you as I get very anxious." I just stand there like an idiot. Before I started home schooling, I was known as the quiet girl in school. I hardly ever talked to anyone, and I hated it when the teacher calls on me. When the attention is on me, my heartbeat speeds up, I start to sweat and the room seems to spin. The idea of having to get up and do a presentation sends my heart racing. I feel isolated and alone, but I can't bring myself to talk to people. Does anyone relate to me at all? :[

Cool_Un_Cool

Sounds alot like me, I hide whenever ppl come over. I hardly ever talk, and look out in space most of the time.

w*n*c*a*m

I'm not that extreme... but yeah I could relate... especially the part when you have to do a class presentation and I feel like fainting everytime I go in front... actually I go really pale and stammers a lot... but hey! If you want to atleast improve yourself, I think you should try to be a little courageous even just on answering the phone and answering the door... :) just try and try

Zarrix

I can't say I don't answer the phone or door, but yes, I always hide in my room if my sisters or mothers friends come around. Except if im on the computer, but then Im all self-conscious and stuff.

_Brittany_

ktea said:

If my mom or sister's, brother's, etc) friend comes over, I literally hide in my room until they leave. [

Omg! I do that too!!!! that's the worst I hate having guest unless they're my friends (without their parents!)

and you're home schooled?? i am too!

:!:

Hedwig

Dont worry, your not along!!!

Im the same way. When people would come over here I would DREAD it. I would stay locked up in my room for days without eating if I had to.

Im afraid to answer the phone thinking its somebody trying to annoy me, and I hate answering the door too. I usually always keep it closed. But im trying to slowly get better. Ive been leaving the door open lately. But im taking it one day at a time.

But for me, im kinda ok with talking to people I dont know. Only if I know I probably will never see them again. Like if at the store I can help some random person look for something and maybe chat a little. Cause I know they wont be calling me later to hang out. lol

miriah

wow i always thought i was alone but it seems like a lot people feel the same way about this stuff. i just looked up what kind of phobia it was when you want to be alone today and found out that there actually is one. i feel the same way about talking on the phone and answering the door even if its people i know. in class i do talk sometimes but most the time i find it hard to even pay attention and i have friends but i hate hanging out with them and they annoy me most of the time i feel like im mean because i pretty much hate them but i dont know i hate like everything its weird. and im absolutely terrified to talk to people i dont know i cant go into stores to buy things by myself and i cant ask for help or anything. even writing this is freaking me out because i never open up my feelings to people. but even after writing all this stuff i dont really want to change..i love being alone. =/ i feel like im really weird.

Carstuar

ktea said:
What am I suppose to say? "Sorry, I have social phobia. I can't talk to you as I get very anxious."

Hah. I'd like to try that the next time I get uncomfortable talking to someone.

IWouldPreferNotTo

I don't have it this bad. For me it's just really bad at parties and on dates.

Have you tried getting on medication?

Seek professional help.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
ktea said:

If my mom or sister's, brother's, etc) friend comes over, I literally hide in my room until they leave. I pretty much avoid all social gatherings. I don't like parties, field trips, being around large groups of people. I get very anxious and feel like I'm going to have a panic attack, and embarrass myself even more. I hate it when people look at me or start a conversation with me.

I can relate, that sounds exactly like me.

i feel exactly that way. i miss a whole lot of school because of my anxiety and i usually beg my parents to pick me up when i'm in school. i think my parents are slowly stopping to care whether i go or not.
i'm sick of social anxiety!!

ShyGonzo

ktea said:

If my mom or sister's, brother's, etc) friend comes over, I literally hide in my room until they leave. I pretty much avoid all social gatherings. I don't like parties, field trips, being around large groups of people. I get very anxious and feel like I'm going to have a panic attack, and embarrass myself even more. I hate it when people look at me or start a conversation with me. What am I suppose to say? "Sorry, I have social phobia. I can't talk to you as I get very anxious." I just stand there like an idiot. Before I started home schooling, I was known as the quiet girl in school. I hardly ever talked to anyone, and I hated it when the teacher calls on me. When the attention is on me, my heartbeat speeds up, I start to sweat and the room seems to spin. The idea of having to get up and do a presentation sends my heart racing. I feel isolated and alone, but I can't bring myself to talk to people. Does anyone relate to me at all? :[

I can only tell you it is possible to change. I was not as extreme as you but compared to the other people around me I was extreme. I used to play soccer and I never talked to anyone of my team because I was shy. I felt less important than the others and this had nothing to do with my soccer skills because I have always been within the best players of the teams I have played with. When I had to speak to a person that was not a relative or my best friend I just turned red, looked at the floor, etcetera. So you see, I used to be very terrible.

But now, I don't have these problems anymore. Well, to some extent I still have this social phobia but in a very small amount. Sometimes I still feel awkward when I speak with a person I hardly know. But for example today, I spoke with a bunch of people I didn't even knew and I felt no shame, didn't blush, I was completely self confident.

The message I want to bring you is that if you really want to solve this problem, you can do this. You should always try to make a little pass forward so at the end you made a big progression. The first thing you should do is to try to just stay in the same room as a friend of your brother of sister. You don't have to speak with him/her. Just stay in the same room and sit far away from that person. Once you feel more comfortable doing this, you sit closer and wait when they talk to you. You just answer the person with a short sentence and don't look to much time into the person's eye. After you have done this several times and you feel comfortable answering his questions and sitting 'close' to him/her you can try to initiate a conversation yourself. I think this is the way you have to proceed. I did this and it worked for me. So I am sure it will work for you too.

ShyGonzo

ACEofLONELYHEARTS said:
i feel exactly that way. i miss a whole lot of school because of my anxiety and i usually beg my parents to pick me up when i'm in school. i think my parents are slowly stopping to care whether i go or not.
i'm sick of social anxiety!!
I have a question for you ? Did you skip nursery school ? I also skipped it and I think that is the reason for the social phobia I used to have.

kyle

Banned
All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

CHORUS
Ice ice baby vanillla (x4)

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in and the vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in my 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
Reading for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

REPEAT CHORUS

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast other DJs say damn
If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
Check out the hook while Shay revolves it

Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby (oh-oh) vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla ice
Yo man let's get out of here
Word to your mother
Ice ice baby too cold
Ice ice baby too cold too cold (x2)
Ice ice baby

kayla23

Social Phobia

Hi yeah i understand excatly what you go through, i have a hard time doing things that other people find simple or easy, answering the phone or door is sometimes hard, more so with the answering of the door. I also get really nervous when being introduced to people that i dont no, and having to make conversation. I am 23 and dont have any friends because meeting people is imposible when you are afraid to start a conversation. But i find it comforting knowing that there are other people out there that feel the same way as me.