So how does everyone feel about presentation?

xsapx

I just finish a presentation at my school. I was so nervous. I talk so fast, i don't even know if anyone understands what i said. I didn't even think about what i am trying to say, i just blurt everything out. But then i wonder is it good to just blurt things out because when i think to much, it always come out wrong and stuff. It kind of sad that the number one thing that cause my adrenaline to be off the roof is public speaking.

lunarla

Very early on I hated any type of presentations. But oddly enough for a couple years (my last years of high school), I've done a whole lot better with them. I guess I'd have this mindset of not completely worrying about it so much because as long as I know what I'm talking about, I'm not going to make a fool of myself. And also not caring about what the other people might think also helped. But especially feeling like I know what I'm talking about. I also would make myself talk slower. It would feel like I was talking excruciatingly slow but that was just because I was in front of 30 kids. But in reality I guess it was just a normal and clear pace. I even have gotten comments from a couple different teachers about how I was good at speaking/presentations which was shocking.

AimeeSP

Well done for doing it though! :) i hate presentations. Whenever i've had to do one i've been shaking so much i can't read what i'm trying to read out. :eek:

Sprawling

Public speaking will even make the non-sweating folks sweat. For us sweaty folk it's a nightmare. Like anything else, the more you do it, the more relaxed you become... maybe?

Ignace

Don't tell me about it, It's like I'm going get killed or something. But I always do it, and always got good points, but always the same comment: RELAX ! ... Like that's gonna happen. =P

Sprawling

Relaxed never seems to happen when we have an overactive sympathetic nervous system. Just thinking about sweating makes us sweat. You are correct, relax never happens as long as we sweat.

Iontopheresis has helped me big time. Helps the hands and feet to stay dry, then the sweating just moves elsewhere.

All one can do is do the best we can do. Cheers to you xsapx for giving your presentation and GOOD JOB to the rest of you that keep going forward despite this disability.

hippiechild

likes.. omg..
I had to do a 15 minute talk on the stalkings of internets with regarxd to psychoological traumas and profiling of perpetratorz..d

I veren looked at the people that I was addressing, just read themt he damn thing like a sinister storybook,g ...lookin loike an real dolt ur hur. Scariest even in mined recent history logs.,.

warst enythin evar

Island_chic

Yeah, I took the "voluntary" buyout on presentations and knew I would receive an F:( not fair at all!! So I will be okay if I never heard the word "presentations" again! I rest my case.

mozart87

if the teacher is Ok and doesn't have stupid claims, than I make good presentations lately:p Of course I must know exactly what I have to say. If not I start shaking, I start to stammer so not good.