Scowly face in public

pnr

What's up every1,

I have this symptom of my SP that is the infamous scowly face.

I get this scowly face all the time I am within people's range. It makes me look like a thug (which I definitely not) or some mad man who is about to do something violent (which I am absolutely not).

I think I can pin point as to why I do this. Many times during my life, I have had people stare me down for no reasons (tough guy or alpha male stare down). Consequently, I overgeneralized and profile people who resemble the people who did this to me. They are usually 14-35 years of age and are male.

But unfortunately everywhere I go in public, I overgeneralized this profile and have this unconscious reaction to strain my face (into the scowl face) whenever I am about to go near people who are 14-35 yo males and people in general.

People get uneasy around me and move away or the males that fit the above descriptions sort of try to out stare me. I usually play passive aggressive and move away from those males.

I don't notice I actually did this until I see their reaction and after my face relaxes whenever there are no people around me.

This scowl face is my most prominent and obvious symptom of SP and it is ruining all potential human relationships.

I don't know how to remedy this symptom. If anyone knows how, would you be kind and share some tips or advice?

Does any1 have the same symptom ? Please share your story.

Thanks.

Last edited:

WishingICould

I always get told i look miserable or upset. It drives me nuts. I don't see everyone else walking around with a grin on their face 24/7.

mikebird

Banned
YEP!! :perfect:

This is me, after many phases of life.

By your side. Realist. Not pessimist. Not optimist. A mind packed with what's what.

NOT the average, normal, lenient, weak, meek, sheeplike. Not under the thumb

The person who takes initiative in any situation. Not to stand down. One's own decisions

The scowl / frown means I'm checking you out. Hoping this remains the same when I get older. Never timid; will never burn out. I don't make any assumptions of anything, until I have evidence. Open. A friendly gaze to show interest - neck twist & wink. Smile flick.

Aaahhh... yep... the brightest, continuous laughing, gigglng, burst-into-joy type. I like to bring a scowl to that. The jumpy gayest of the gay will see me frowning. As we all did, an abrupt scream right into their ear puts them on the floor. It's not a crime. Very entertaining, unlike their genre. No harm.

This is entirely what drives me when I cope with recruiters, because I can't go near them. And the ongoing interviews set me thinking, in a deep pride of reigning my outbursts at people who don't exist in the real world; the ones who wield the power of an over-optimistic fool

Mmmm.. you are absolutely right with your thread! Even looking at the face of a supermarket customer, the security, at the checkout, and children... they cry around me. I push through crowds. This is why I fail. Those forehead / eyebrow muscles. My format of communication. Perhaps it's the style of an elderly humbug

Last edited: