Scared at home

anders055

Sometimes, mostly when i wake up i get really scared. I get a lump in my throat and my heart feels heavy. Its like i lose that security of being protected in this world. This has been happening since childhood. I'm 26 now and these feelings still torment me. Is this an anxiety attack? I need to get rid of these feelings. My depression and my anxiety are ruining my mind.

anyone who has overcome depression and anxiety?? Please, any advice will do. Are there any videos i can watch, any positive quotes i can read to end my misery?

Last edited:

sabbath9

Banned
Don't try to get rid of your feelings, instead observe and make room for them. Try Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), it'll teach you to take your depression and feelings along with you on a ride to a full life.

Don't try to get rid of your feelings, instead observe and make room for them. Try Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), it'll teach you to take your depression and feelings along with you on a ride to a full life.

So what you're saying, is for him to continue to have depression and anxiety for the rest of his life? :S ??

NothingElseMatters

So what you're saying, is for him to continue to have depression and anxiety for the rest of his life? :S ??

i think what he means is to understand that most of the thoughts and feelings are not controlled by us and if we observe them we can see how ridiculous and stupid they can be.or something like that...

Last edited:

moni10

Sometimes, mostly when i wake up i get really scared. I get a lump in my throat and my heart feels heavy. Its like i lose that security of being protected in this world. This has been happening since childhood. I'm 26 now and these feelings still torment me. Is this an anxiety attack? I need to get rid of these feelings. My depression and my anxiety are ruining my mind.

anyone who has overcome depression and anxiety?? Please, any advice will do. Are there any videos i can watch, any positive quotes i can read to end my misery?

I'm feeling exactly the same, only with the difference that I get scared in the afternoons and sometimes when I go to sleep.The only relaxing moment I can enjoy is when I wake up and I can't think about anything but the dream I had .