SA And scared to see ex

anders055

I have had SA for as long as i can remember now. SA is bad enough to ruin my life. now, with my break up recently, i simply have to avoid all the places where i could see the ex. I am devastated by the break up...and would not be able to take it. But things are so bad i feel down to go to a city where i think she could be. And i need to go there for a new job. I had an anxiety attack last time i went to a hair cutting salon!!! Its so weird, i'm fine sometimes but sometimes i go crazy.

I need to go places for a job and i'm so anxious i'll run into her :-(

Last edited:

mmmm

Sorry about you're break-up. That sucks. I wouldn't call it crazy stuff, though. Even my so-called normal friends practice this kind of avoidance. In fact, avoiding places where she could be sounds to me like the perfect oppertunity to try new crazy stuff. Go to places where she definitely won't be and learn a new skill or something. Get your mind off her. I don't know how bad you're SA is so please forgive me if I'm suggesting the impossible. But even if you're stuck at home, you could always beef up a little so that if you do see her, well, you know...

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I have the same problem with ex's/ex friends and all that... It's not pleasant being paranoid all the time in public. Sometimes I think I should move away to a place I probably won't see them...

Well, I've never even had a boyfriend lol. But, I don't get it. What's the big deal about running into your ex?... Guess I just wouldn't understand?

In my case, depending on how the relationship ended, running into your ex can be very awkward and possibly stir up unpleasant feelings that you tried to repress since the break up.
Since my ex is friends with my friends, often we'd run into each other during social events... We didn't talk and tried not to make contact... It was very awkward... And depressing...

randomguy19

Been there done that bro... In fact, my latest topic I posted is related. "Running into people from your past". I think the best thing to do, and what helped me during my break up was to exercise and get in shape. You will feel better about yourself, look hawt, and have a huge increase of self-confidence and will not be afraid to see your ex.. Well, at least not as much as you are now. But other then that, like the other post says -- the odds are slim.