R.I.P Robin Williams

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
So sad for Robin to lose the battle.. He fought long and hard.
He brought such happiness and many many smiles to peoples faces over many years.
But it seems although he radiated sunshine on the outside, he felt dark inside.

Thank you for the memories, you were a gem of a bloke and a truly unique human being.
R.I.P.:sad:

Remus

Staff member
Such sad news, he had struggled with bipolar disorder most of his adult life.

dottie

e10cf6850136aea907b37065a39d7b1f.jpg

R.I.P such a sad day. Hopefully his passing helps to raise awareness for bipolar and other mental health issues.

FriendlyShadow

He brought such happiness and many many smiles to peoples faces over many years.

Thank you for the memories, you were a gem of a bloke and a truly unique human being.

I heard on the radio how they were talking about his suicide attempts and depression. It's such a shame that a good actor like him had to go through that.

LazyHermitCrab

I think he was still really sad about Christopher reed. they were like best friends. I always thought he seemed a bit sad sometimes and staged but he was a great actor. I really enjoyed the movie flubber and his voice as a genie!

I think he was still really sad about Christopher reed. they were like best friends. I always thought he seemed a bit sad sometimes and staged but he was a great actor. I really enjoyed the movie flubber and his voice as a genie!

Wasn't aware of their friendship until having a read today. I really like this pic of them together

tumblr_m5dlteIZrZ1qearaqo1_1280.jpg

Livemylife

I was surprised at how sad I was that he died. I think it's because as a 90s kid, I have many fond memories of his movies, specifically Mrs. Doubtfire, Flubber, and Jumanji. I doubt these were critically acclaimed but as a kid I loved those movies. So it's like I've "known" him for a long time. And on top of that this reporting is depressing as well, literally. The websites I usually go to for junk reading are reporting on depression, suicide prevention etc. It's all so sad. RIP Robin Williams.

OceanMist

The weird thing is Robin seems like the guy who would make a joke about how bad of an idea suicide is in his mind. I always thought of him as the guy on the exact opposite of suicide.

I'm a movie buff so i've seen many of his movies. I've seen some stand-up of his too.

His suicide doesn't make sense to me. He's one of the strongest people I'd ever seen.

If there is one thing to take from it is that anyone can feel like crap, even if they appear confident.

He must have been having personal problems at home. And it may sound messed up but his career ended a while ago as an actor, sadly. I do believe that contributed to his suicide, as it gave him a reason to not live.

The movies he did near the end of his life were just "try-hards." I wasn't a fan of those BUT Robin is one of my favorite actors of all time because of what he did throughout most his career.

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned

That was well-said.....I already miss him.