Pets and stuff

LilMissTragic

Hey, I found my favourite thing to talk about is my pets and i like to hear about everyone elses. I myself have 3 dogs, 2 ferrets, 4 cockatiels and 4 goldfish. I have also kept mice, rats, finches, bunnies and god knows what else. I actually prefer animals to people, maybe because they dont judge and love me regardless.
Anyways, i'm not looking forward to tomorrow as fireworks will be going off all over the place and my dogs are gonna be like little scared bunnies.
I'll be practically wearing my dogs as they will be jumping all over me in fright...wouldnt be so bad but I have a large collie/lab and a german shepard (my other dog, a collie lives with my ex)....ohhhh i'm in for some bruises...lol
OUCH OUCH OUCH (just practising)

JWH

Me too. They're about the only things I talk to all day!

I have two Ragdolls, a moggy and a Cocker Spaniel. When I was younger I had plenty of pets. I went through a huge guinea pig phase where my friends and I thought it would be cute to start breeding them. I've had budgies, cockatiels, a gorgeous rainbow lorikeet and numerous rabbits.

Have I missed something? What's happening tomorrow?

LilMissTragic

Its bonfire night here in the UK. Thats why I'm in looking after my dogs as they hate fireworks and if i was to leave them alone they'd tear the place up through utter fear.

I cant believe you got into breeding guineapigs, you must have had loads of the little critters, they breed pretty rapidly dont they?

I have bred 2 cockatiels and 2 finches at home. I adore baby birds, I was like a new mother when they were born...lol. Sadly my birds live with my ex so i dont get to see them as often as i'd like to. Its amzing how much you can miss a pet.

Righty, I'm gonna sit here and think of ways to enterain my dogs so they dont hear te fireworks :)

JWH

Ha well the first litter of seven or so died because the mother didn't open their sacs. The second litter of four had one die because he was crushed under the cage, so that left me with three babies. So at one time I may have had six but the stud was on loan. :) As you can imagine there were many funerals.

It's funny though after six years whenever I pass a patch of luscious grass I think of the pigs.

Bird breeding must be difficult though. I must say I don't miss birds around the house as much. There was dust everywhere.

Tris

I have a turtle who thinks hes a dog!! i swear im waiting for him to bark one of these days. Ive had him since i was 7... hes my baby!

LilMissTragic

lmao, Tris, how on earth did your turtle get to that conclusion, have you been feeding him bonio?..lol

Awwwww Yoss, you can share my pets, you can have them on the days they are being naughty...lol.

tommydog

----------

i love dogs ! i can talk dogs endlessly :lol:

heres a pic of mine (if it works) his name is puppy and his 5 year old bully x.

awesome to see theres other doggy people here aswell. lil miss tragic i feel you i definetly also prefer dogs to people :D

whats_that.jpg

nezzy

i have two cats, four snakes and a pair of monitor lizards

Two Murray Darling Carpet Pythons
two Olive Pythons
Two Mertens Water Monitors

and i love them all

Nez

redlady

We have a black cat, we called him Midnight - original i know - but i call him possum, because when he looks up at me in a certain way his face looks just like a - you guessed it - a possum.
I have deciphered his meow language - a meow with a gurgling under tone means where are you, i can't see you, i'm lonely - a high pitched one means i'm hungry, feed me - soft whimpering ones, i'm tired, leave me alone. He's so much apart of us now that when he had to visit the vet and stay overnight the house felt lonely.