Paranoid while waiting for my prescription at the pharmacy

Tulicks

I can't say it's paranoia exactly. Let me try to explain it...

I can't make eye contact with anyone in the waiting room. I can't talk (I feel shut off) and I feel very intimidated.

I was sitting in the waiting room while my medication was being filled. The pharmacist told me that she was only going to fill enough pills for the remainder of this month. At the time I didn't hear what she said because my concentration was way out of whack. Now that I'm settled down I can estimate what she said back there.

I just hate feeling this way... there's no logical reason why I should be feeling so paranoid! Why do people and life intimidate me? Why do I feel so inferior! I use to be a strong personality before developing these symptoms.

ShelbyModerateSP

sometimes we will never get an explanation for the way we feel. You may just feel out of place because you don't personally know anyone in the situation you are in... that's why i'd feel that way if I was in your situation.
I guess what you need to do it isolate your fears, and they will tell you why you have your paranioa/ anxiety...
IE my fears are being lied too, rejection, and people hating me. So in any situation I feel uncomfortable in I think about that and am able to Isolate a specific one, it doesn't help my anxiety at all but it makes me feel slightly better knowing why I'm feeling the anxiety in the first place.

Try it :) good luck!

Roman Legion

I can't say it's paranoia exactly. Let me try to explain it...

I can't make eye contact with anyone in the waiting room. I can't talk (I feel shut off) and I feel very intimidated.

I was sitting in the waiting room while my medication was being filled. The pharmacist told me that she was only going to fill enough pills for the remainder of this month. At the time I didn't hear what she said because my concentration was way out of whack. Now that I'm settled down I can estimate what she said back there.

I just hate feeling this way... there's no logical reason why I should be feeling so paranoid! Why do people and life intimidate me? Why do I feel so inferior! I use to be a strong personality before developing these symptoms.

For me, I wear sunglasses and headphones and it is very effective for me to deal with it. I differ slightly here, I am not intimidated; rather I feel everyone around me is hostile and I am on guard waiting for them to make a move.

Tulicks

For me, I wear sunglasses and headphones and it is very effective for me to deal with it. I differ slightly here, I am not intimidated; rather I feel everyone around me is hostile and I am on guard waiting for them to make a move.

That's how I feel... I didn't know how to word it, but feeling like everyone around me is hostile toward me details it perfectly. I can't tell if this is paranoia or not because part of me doesn't believe that the hostility is even being projected by these people in the first place, and why would I have to feel on guard?? as if a confrontation would come about without a reason. These people don't even know me!

What do you think, do you think this hostility is really there?

Roman Legion

That's how I feel... I didn't know how to word it, but feeling like everyone around me is hostile toward me details it perfectly. I can't tell if this is paranoia or not because part of me doesn't believe that the hostility is even being projected by these people in the first place, and why would I have to feel on guard?? as if a confrontation would come about without a reason. These people don't even know me!

What do you think, do you think this hostility is really there?

Personally, I do think it is there.. But sunglasses (yes, indoors too) and headphones will help quite a bit, worth a try.

Boby

Personally, I do think it is there.. But sunglasses (yes, indoors too) and headphones will help quite a bit, worth a try.

Well I don't feel so intimidated by people like you guys but I agree sunglasses are magical :D,I like wearing sunglasses it makes me a bit more confident because I can't make unwanted eye contact :).

Tulicks

I wear headphones when I'm out, but I forgot about sunglasses. Good idea!

So you think the hostility is there? Interesting... what makes you think it's there? Why would it be there? What might be the cause. Because I admit, it does feel like it's there.