P.E

Hiya

I get really scared when I do P.E at school i get really in a right panic. Does anyone else feel this or used to feel this when they where back at school coz i feel like I am the only one in my class who feels like this.

From Rosa :cry:

LilMissTragic

I used to hate PE. In fact I forged so many notes to my Pe teacher that she sent me to art class instead. She finally realised I wasnt going to do it no matter what they said. I cant really offer you any advice as I dont have anything to say about the matter, as i said, all i did was avoid it every time.

Crimefish

I avoided it. When I didn't, I'd always be singled out for being the worst at something. Like when we played benchball, everyone who scored a goal would get on the bench. The last one left is the loser. I was the last one every time.
So I (luckily) slipped in the bath and broke some ribs. It was worth it. I missed PE for a few months after. Then I developed crohn's disease (out of stress) and never had to do it again.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but you're definitely not the only one who thinks this.

loucat

i was the same as lilmiss, forged notes, then simply told them i wasn't doing it. that was it really. It didn't make me nervous i just couldn't be bothered. If you really don't like it then tell them, i'm sure you're not the only one who has anxieties about it

Anonymous

Only in 7th and 9th grades did I have a problem with P.E. It didn't feel right when I exerted the effort to try and participate. It felt kinda awkward and i usually wouldnt perform well and people would be assholes towards me since i wasnt enthusiastic and i sucked at the sports we were playing. Because of that i decided that it was worth trying so I'd usually end up just standing around on the court or whatever waiting for the end of class. People were still assholes, but that way i had some sort of defiant dignity. The teachers didnt like it either and i would basically defy them in every way without doing anything to get in serious trouble. One time at the end of 7th grade, my teacher wanted to shake my hand and congratulate me for trying and playing well and i just walked off into the locker room and got changed. In 9th grade my teacher tried to make me call my dad to tell him that i wasnt participating in class. I really hated that guy because not only was he a dick, but he was a hardcore fundamentalist christian who tried to force his beliefs on others.

Anonymous

P.E. sucked. P.E. redefined sucked. While everyone thought Disco sucked, I thought P.E. sucked.

Actually I sucked at athletics, that's why P.E. sucked, and the 'highlight the worst athlete in the school selection process' - that made it suck as well. It just sucked.

Every now and then the top jock would make me his first choice, thus sparing me the embarassment of being the usual last choice, but the only reason he did it was because he knew I sucked and felt sorry for me. The fact that my sister was a cheerleader was just a coincidence.

Other times the P.E. teacher would team me and some other poor athelete up with a superjock so there'd be this comedy-like basketball game going on - a cartoon to see how a superstar could do with two losers. Another reason P.E. sucked.

I won't even talk about 'shower humiliation'. But it also caused P.E. to suck.

Eventually, I refused P.E. althogether (and the required semester of swimming) and took: art, instead.

I'm over it now, but it was tough. Of all the things in life I've ran away from, P.E. is the one I worry about the least, pretty much not at all. It just sucked too much to worry about.

Remus

Staff member
Quote Red Dwarf:

Holly
I have the IQ of 6000, which is the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers

avid_merrion

i was the same at school i used to get severe panic attacks and used to refuse to do it so much so i got suspended 5 times or so then i got referred to see a child psychologist, your not alone

pitkreet

I absolutely loved PE at school. I wish I could have done PE every day. Didn't like the compulsory communal showering thing after but apart from that, it was the best part of school.

Anonymous

i finished compulsory p.e last yr and some of the funniest times i ever had in skool were in p.e lessons. i always found it horrible actually walking out into the hall in my p.e kit but when we actually were split into groups of different activities it was fine. if u are with ur friends u can have so much fun. doing cross country and hiding behind cars while the teacher jogs along, running into te woods almost pissing myself luaghing trying to hide. if u are with peopl who r like u u can make it better. u dont actually have to do any exercise just mess around. you could try going to an after school sports club with a friend this might help you gain confidence and just get used to doing it. it does get easier the older u get because kids can be mean at the beginning when they are all worried about what they look like and they will make fun of anyone possible to make themselves feel better or to get a laugh. you just have to repeat as u walk into the hall ''they are just the same as me'' i found that helped mexxx

Fredscars

i hated swimming and gymnastics because i wa very self concious about the leotards/swimming costumes..i hated that, my sp would be horrible, but i would have no choice and i didnt know it was sp then. with swimming it is ok once i get into the water.

other p.e. is ok once you learn how to laugh about it. i hate aerobics though because i am totally uncoordinated and my friends tease me about that, but i kinda get over it. humour is the best way to fight off sp i have found.
xxx

aligurl09

hey! wow, of course I have felt this way!! that is one of the main reasons for missing school n middle skool n high school lol!!! or the famous note from my mother or the famous trip to the nurses office.. and when having ur period was actually considered a great time of the month, AND you would give nething to have health class for another marking period...

8)

Travis88

Wow P.E., i cant participate in it cause my heart is already racing from SP doing any exercise makes me unable to breath correctly. I was too scared to tell anyone so i would just sit and take it from the PE teachers.

despise

the only thing i really did well in p.e. was the beep test and sprinting. this was mainly due to fear. i would run and keep on running because i got so scared of what we would have to do in sport afterwards. lucky for me swimming was a choice, and i didnt choose it. but i hated always being one of the last people choosen for teams...i always felt so low. i think some people would have prefered picking a rock over me for their team. but i dont do p.e. anymore :) yay me... :roll:

Travis88

I pretty much gave up on going to school, the school cant turn down homeschooling(school pays for it too) if u have a phiciatrist to back u up, im 16 and currently doing home schooling :)

Crimefish said:
I avoided it. When I didn't, I'd always be singled out for being the worst at something. Like when we played benchball, everyone who scored a goal would get on the bench. The last one left is the loser. I was the last one every time.
So I (luckily) slipped in the bath and broke some ribs. It was worth it. I missed PE for a few months after. Then I developed crohn's disease (out of stress) and never had to do it again.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but you're definitely not the only one who thinks this.

Sorry to say this but what is crohn's disease?

From Rosa

Sarina

I was never scared of PE in school cause my panic attacks didn't start until my 20's.

However... Once I started having panic attacks, I was unable to exercise at all... the feeling that my heart was beating faster started the panic cycle for me.

I am now free of panic attacks and loving exercise, but wanted to let you know you aren't alone. If I were you, I'd ask to talk to a Psychologist or someone about it. Maybe they can give you strategies on how to cope with anxiety relating to exercise. We all need exercise to be healthy and can't avoid it forever without serious consequences.