Out of 1 - 10

Gidi

Out of 1 to 10 how bad do you think your social anxiety is?

And explain why?

Last edited:

MrSunday

Mine is about 7. I still experience social anxiety in public but it gets worse in specific situations like public transport. It's improving though. I would say a few years ago, I would have been 9.

WeirdyMcGee

I'm a roombound agoraphobic; I can leave with my mom to go shopping and it takes alot out of me. I can't answer phones or talk to people in instant messaging or voice-- no chat at all. Have no friends, no job.
Last year, I was probably 9-9.5...
This year I've been trying alot harder to get outside a few times a week to expose myself to society and it is absolutely horrifying.

I'm probably at about 8?
Still panic and anxious most of the day; even when locked safely indoors.

Gaucho

sometimes 2-4 i would say, and many times when its really bad 7-9. I'm comparing myself with sever SA cases. actually i can't compare myself to others because i can't feel how big their sA is

Last edited:

MrJones

I just can't tell a number. What is 0 and what is 10? There are infinite factors that descrobe someone's SA, I don't think I could just put a number to it, so let's call it X :p

Meggy0001

8ish because I am pretty anxious in maybe almost every social situation but not a 10 because they are those rare moment where I am not too bad

mikebird

Banned
I can see a scale between being a hermit without using any way to communicate (10)
I can be generally like that, but there is a need to meet, or answer the phone, which I don't like (meeting is much better) to seek employment.

OK out and about to get groceries, or bumping into people I know (9)

There are other times, reflecting panic situations of rage and violence, not sure where that goes on a scale.

I've been handcuffed by police so many times. My intentions are never to harm people or steal from them. I don't like being controlled. It comes down to thinking different from others.

Most outbursts are vocal, but I have run and been chased, and escaped.

Such events make me feel beyond SA, briefly. I love to entertain

Last edited:

speakerheart

Right now, i would say a 8.5

I am not active and don't have much of a social life.I've been staying in doors mostly for a few weeks now due to circumstances.Sooo now, i feel more anxious to even step out my door.

Last edited:

InvisaLady

In most situations 6-7 but in situations that really make me uncomfortable 9. I don't think I've ever reached a 10 which I guess would be a **** my pants and run away situation.

KiaKaha

Banned
About 8 - 9

I freak out in any social setting. I constantly feel like that people dont want me there and that any noise or move I make will be scrutinized. I think everyone is thinking badly of me. I feel extremely unwanted most of the time. I am paralyzed with fear - I sweat, I tremble, and I feel the urge to escape.
I am pretty paranoid really.

But I am still a nice person....I think.

bcsr

In my teens / early 20's I was probably at 8 or 9. Never left my room, anxious around everyone except for my parents and brother.

Currently, I'd probably put it at 3, maybe 4. I'm still anxious some times around people when I first meet them, especially pretty girls. But I'm able to work, get along with coworkers, make friends, and handle day-to-day interactions pretty easily.