Och aye the noo

Miserum

I hope you feel better. Eat some oranges and chicken soup. Btw, I like the way you type. It makes me read your posts in the voice of Groundskeeper Willie, which I guess is kind of the point. I can't help it.

Admittedly though, I have no idea what your thread title says, lol.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hope you feel better. Eat some oranges and chicken soup.

Oh, cheers regarding the advice aboot the oranges. Didnae think o' that yin. And the chicken soup goes withoot sayin', really. :bigsmile:

Btw, I like the way you type. It makes me read your posts in the voice of Groundskeeper Willie, which I guess is kind of the point. I can't help it.

Ah'll take that as a compliment. :thumbup: Originally picked Groundskeeper Willie as ma profile avatar as a joke, no with the intention that folk would read this thread in his voice. :giggle: But, f**k it, ah take that over the tiresome Braveheart references.

Admittedly though, I have no idea what your thread title says, lol.

And, here's an explaination for ma thread title, given by PugofCrydee. As ye cun probably tell ah cannae be arsed tell ye masel'. So, here ye go...

I wondered what 'Och aye the noo' meant.. I mean, just now. So I looked it up;

Scotticism. ... An archetypal example of an overt Scotticism is "Och aye the noo", which translates as "Oh yes, just now". This phrase is often used in parody by non-Scots and although the phrases "Och aye" and "the noo" are in common use by Scots separately, they are rarely used together.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Don't know if I'm made a wise decision today by opting not to wear my glasses much, due to this cold makiing me feel bleary eyed and dizzy. :question: :idontknow:

Graeme1988

Had a few hours lying in bed, trying to get some sleep. Propped up with pillows, of course. Since ah wouldnae get a wink lying down flat. At least it's a start to getting better. Just going have soup in the evening for the time being. Maybe a couple sandwiches at lunchtime. Skip breakfast and give masel' a long lie-in.

By the way, ah might actually finally get round to telling the story of ma operation and stay in hospital last year.
Cuz my oldest sister telt me summit the other day that had me f**kin' ragin'.

Take a read o' this story: EXCLUSIVE: More expensive meals for prisoners in Dumfries than hospital patients at Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary | Westsound Radio

Here's the meal choice I had pick from during my week long stay at my local hospital:

IMG_0532.JPG

Here's what prisoner in HMP Dumfries get every week: :veryangry:

IMG_0533.JPG

Macaroni cheese. Chips with curry sauce. A fry-up on weekends. Salad. Chicken supreme. Spaghetti Bolognaise. Oh how the other half live, heh? Yet my local hospital can't be arsed provided properly prepared meals. :kickingmyself:

^ My reaction when my sister told me about this:
"Pffft... F**k right off! The f**kin' cheek o' them! So, somebuddy going in for surgery, as I did - or a summit more serious that require a prolong stay - deserves a lower quailty of food to eat, compared to a murderer?! What a joke. Pathetic."

My sister just tutted in agreement and said:
"Ah tell ye - crime pays, so it does. The b@$%@^ds! Should be gettin' f**kin' breid n' water like they did in auld days!"

"Aye, too right they should! That's just... the prison getting better meals than the hosptial? Mental. And yet, me and countless folk you've talked to, huv said the same thing about the food, there. Ah never stopped the whole time I was in, just didnae tell the nurses. Cuz some o' them weren't the friendliest staff"

Last edited:

defiance

Had a few hours lying in bed, trying to get some sleep. Propped up with pillows, of course. Since ah wouldnae get a wink lying down flat. At least it's a start to getting better. Just going have soup in the evening for the time being. Maybe a couple sandwiches at lunchtime. Skip breakfast and give masel' a long lie-in.

By the way, ah might actually finally get round to telling the story of ma operation and stay in hospital last year.
Cuz my oldest sister telt me summit the other day that had me f**kin' ragin'.

Take a read o' this story: EXCLUSIVE: More expensive meals for prisoners in Dumfries than hospital patients at Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary | Westsound Radio

Here's the meal choice I had pick from during my week long stay at my local hospital:

IMG_0532.JPG

Here's what prisoner in HMP Dumfries get every week: :veryangry:

IMG_0533.JPG

Macaroni cheese. Chips with curry sauce. A fry-up on weekends. Salad. Chicken supreme. Spaghetti Bolognaise. Oh how the other half live, heh? Yet my local hospital can't be arsed provided properly prepared meals. :kickingmyself:

^ My reaction when my sister told me about this:
"Pffft... F**k right off! The f**kin' cheek o' them! So, somebuddy going in for surgery, as I did - or a summit more serious that require a prolong stay - deserves a lower quailty of food to eat, compared to a murderer?! What a joke. Pathetic."

My sister just tutted in agreement and said:
"Ah tell ye - crime pays, so it does. The b@$%@^ds! Should be gettin' f**kin' breid n' water like they did in auld days!"

"Aye, too right they should! That's just... the prison getting better meals than the hosptial? Mental. And yet, me and countless folk you've talked to, huv said the same thing about the food, there. Ah never stopped the whole time I was in, just didnae tell the nurses. Cuz some o' them weren't the friendliest staff"

........................................................................... that is just so f*cked up.

Do they have a butler that tends to their every need as well? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they did. You can just imagine the butler talking to the inmate about today's special "GOOD EVENING SIR...TODAY'S SPECIAL IS KOBE BEEF STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN WITH A SIDE OF A 1000 DOLLAR CHAMPAGNE. ENJOY.

Graeme1988

........................................................................... that is just so f*cked up.

Do they have a butler that tends to their every need as well? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they did. You can just imagine the butler talking to the inmate about today's special "GOOD EVENING SIR...TODAY'S SPECIAL IS KOBE BEEF STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN WITH A SIDE OF A 1000 DOLLAR CHAMPAGNE. ENJOY.

I know. It's really shitty how good folk tend to get screwed. As do the vulnerable in society. Really pisses me off. :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Wus gonnae rant, but can't be arsed. Ah dae it tomorrow. Quite different to put intae words exactly how shitty things huv been for me since this past weekend. :kickingmyself: :sad:

Graeme1988

Well... where to begin, eh? Ah don't know. Same ol' shit, different day, really. It so much seems happens to me within such a short space of time, that it's never ending. And usually quite bad. F**kin' rare if summit good ever happen to me these days, like. :sad:

Ironically, things seemed to be going a lot better last year.

So, got an podiatry appointment booked for a few weeks to see about my big left toenail, which seems to be healling up. Did have one on May 16th, but I'll be away then. But, the toenail's certainly looking a lot better, at least.

Had to miss a gig in Glasgow that me and my sister had booked tickets for due both of us not feeling well. Me, getting the cold this past Sunday. But it's gradually clearing up.

And, course yesterday - May 3rd, 2017 - I found out from my oldest sister that our mum got word from her doctor that she might have diabetes. She tells me this while taking me out for a wee car ride round the Scottish Borders. Why our mum could break the news to me while in the house? :idontknow:

"Did Mum tell ye?"
"Tell me what? She rarely tells me anything"
"Aw, she got a call fae the doctor this morning sayin' she might huv diabetes"
"F**k! What type?"
"Dinnae ken yet. They're just speculating off Mum's recent blood-pressure check-up. She's going another appointment this week"
"Should've cut down the fizzy drinks, ah kept tell her...."
"You'll need tae do her daily blood-checks, it does turn oot she's got diabetes. Ye awrite with that, like?"
"Ah guess...", I retort, monotonously.
"Dinnae sound to happy aboot that, how come?"

In my head I said myself: Am I supposed to be, like? :thumbdown: But decided against saying it out loud. Since I'd have been unable to hide the fact I was both angrily upset and frustrated by the prospect of being my mum's carer.

"Why is it up tae me? Can't she learn how to do that on her own? Do they not show ye how to do it, anyway?"
Aye, she will... eventually"

And that wus all we said on it. Since it wus clear that ah wus'nae exactly too happy aboot once again feelin' f _ _ kin' obligated to take responsibility for someone else's well-being other than my own. :kickingmyself:

Ah know, that makes me seem like an uncaring, heartless c*nt. But this could've all been avoided if our mum had just listened. Because I'd been banging on about health issue related to a bad lifestyle and lack of exercise. And this wus long before I was forced to re-evaluate my own health in the months leading up to my eventual surgery.

But, no, instead of seeing sense and going: "Yer right, Graeme. I'll start being more considerate with how much I'm spending on the weekly shop, and what I'm buying" I get told: "Awrite! Stop pickin' oan me!"

So, I've kinda made a point since my mid-teens, to keep my distance in terms offering to help my mum, unless she asks first. Since I tend to get the stroppy feminist reaction whenever I voluntarily offer to help.

Mind you, the awkward car conversation with my sister wus'nae the worst part of yesterday...

Graeme1988

No? Do tell... :giggle:
(I'll just go and grab some popcorn, hehe)

Aye, grab a beer anaw... Ah sure as f**k could used yin.

Anyway, after me and my sister arrive back from our wee journey roon the back roads. Our Mum meets at the door, makes small-talk aboot the weather. I'm still trying to process the implications o' this conversation:

"Did Mum tell ye?"
"Tell me what? She rarely tells me anything"
"Aw, she got a call fae the doctor this morning sayin' she might huv diabetes"
"F**k! What type?"
"Dinnae ken yet. They're just speculating off Mum's recent blood-pressure check-up. She's going another appointment this week"
"Should've cut down the fizzy drinks, ah kept tell her...."
"You'll need tae do her daily blood-checks, it does turn oot she's got diabetes. Ye awrite with that, like?"
"Ah guess...", I retort, monotonously.
"Dinnae sound to happy aboot that, how come?"

Ah say nothing aboot it, since I tend to get yelled for ask too much. My sister grabs hersel' summit to eat, taking it with her as she about go back out to work. Since she wus only on break, she had a look at my left toenail to see how it was, then went out for quick car ride. So, she say bye to me and Mum - Mum stands at the door for a minute and waves to ma sister as she drives off.

And, the moment she shut the front-door, she f**kin' starts:

"Fed-up. I'm fed-up, fed-up... fed-up! Wish ah could run away, Graeme. Oh Gawd, ah hope I'm no diabetic. That'll mean changin' ma diet. Susan - (the oldest sibling) - will start getting oan at me. Ah cannae cope"
dramasmileyf.gif

She say all this, as I'm sitting on the landing at the bottom of the stairs taking my shoes off. I just rolled my eyes.
bigroll.gif
Thought about saying summit, pointing out laughable if it wus'nae so f**kin' heartbreaking irony of her complaints. But realised I was too pissed off to say what I had to say and keep calm. So, I just retreated upstairs to my room. Headphones. iTunes. And cried while listening this Kelly Clarkson song: :crying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-Om7UMSJc

Last edited:

defiance

Aye, grab a beer anaw... Ah sure as f**k could used yin.

Anyway, after me and my sister arrive back from our wee journey roon the back roads. Our Mum meets at the door, makes small-talk aboot the weather. I'm still trying to process the implications o' this conversation:

Ah say nothing aboot it, since I tend to get yelled for ask too much. My sister grabs hersel' summit to eat, taking it with her as she about go back out to work. Since she wus only on break, she had a look at my left toenail to see how it was, then went out for quick car ride. So, she say bye to me and Mum - Mum stands at the door for a minute and waves to ma sister as she drives off.

And, the moment she shut the front-door, she f**kin' starts:

"Fed-up. I'm fed-up, fed-up... fed-up! Wish ah could run away, Graeme. Oh Gawd, ah hope I'm no diabetic. That'll mean changin' ma diet. Susan - (the oldest sibling) - will start getting oan at me. Ah cannae cope"
dramasmileyf.gif

She say all this, as I'm sitting on the landing at the bottom of the stairs taking my shoes off. I just rolled my eyes.
bigroll.gif
Thought about saying summit, pointing out laughable if it wus'nae so f**kin' heartbreaking irony of her complaints. But realised I was too pissed off to say what I had to say and keep calm. So, I just retreated upstairs to my room. Headphones. iTunes. And cried while listening this Kelly Clarkson song: :crying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-Om7UMSJc

Damn dude. I don't know what I can say here other than somehow I wish this situation resolves itself for your sake man.

defiance

Well, yer mair optimistic than I am, pal - because I'm not hopeful. :sad:

To be honest Graeme, I haven't been hopeful in a very long time. I mean VERY long time. The day I lost hope was honestly the day I died. That may sound weird but that is how I feel. All I am these days is a conscious body that moves and talks. There is no joy in the activities I partake in. I get the feeling you are in the same place as I am in this regards. I also take it that you lost hope a long time ago as well just like I did. :sad:

Graeme1988

To be honest Graeme, I haven't been hopeful in a very long time. I mean VERY long time. The day I lost hope was honestly the day I died. That may sound weird but that is how I feel. All I am these days is a conscious body that moves and talks. There is no joy in the activities I partake in. I get the feeling you are in the same place as I am in this regards.

Aside from my attempts to make instrumental music? Nope, there's no joyful activities in my life. Music seems to my only means of expression, really. Never been great at painting, drawing or creative writing.

Used to read a lot, but I realise now that wasn't so much a way of keeping my mind occupied from dysfunction usually happening around me. It kept my family are arm's length. Since naebuddy hassles ye, really, when you've .got yer head in a book. Or listening to music.

I also take it that you lost hope a long time ago as well just like I did. :sad:

Oh aye - 11 years ago, to be exact. When I realised my problems were "real problems", according to my Mum and family, I pretty much lost all hope from then on, really. To this day, they'll still persistently ask me if I'm okay. Or even if I'm feeling depressed. But I never give the benefit of even trying to understand, because past experience has taught me that they just want something to gossip about, rather than have empathy.

So, keep my feelings to myself in real life. Very much stiff upper lip mentality. It probably factors into why I'm so introverted? :thinking: But I'm expected to sympathetic towards my mum and siblings when they're not feeling great. :idontknow: Kinda difficult not to feel slightly betrayed by that. Not really fair, is it?

Graeme1988

Another day wasted - and ah didnae even get drunk, tae. :bigsmile:

Still dwelling on this potential diabetes diagnosis, if my mum has indeed developed it. Since aside from the litres of Pepsi she drank up until lately, ah wouldnae be surprised. Plus, she's been stashing a bag of toffee sweets aware in the top kitchen drawer where she also keep her blood pressure medication. Aye, ah know... the irony of that's not lost on me, either.

Unlike my mum, who doesnae like to admit to her problems until something happens to force her to confront them. Mobility-wise she's barely managing up and down the stairs of the house. Compare that to me, who now manages them with ease, since my surgery to correct issues with cerebral palsy. Which is worrying, but everytime I suggest maybe trying to see we'd eligible for a bungalow, she won't even enter that idea.

I'm not saying that to agiest. Just trying to show how bad my Mum has let things get for herself. Ah feel sorry for her, cuz there's things she could've done to prevent her health issues, but chose to be lazy and make excuses to not do anything about 'em.

And I've try to offer support and encouragement, but she just doesn't engage. Other than to say, I'm being a nag. :eek:h:

Cannae even take comfort in the change a diabetes diagnosis would bring, because I've pleading for the last 5 years for my mum to change her shopping habits.

F**k! Mibbe it's even 10 years? cuz I remember even being criticial of my mum shopping habits when my oldest sister and our mum would do our food shopping outta town, and I'd tag along and help out. Not that me going on at my mum about the food shop ever made any different.

If that wus'nae bad enough she needs shoulder surgery at some point. As well as a knee-replacement. Which she and I have known for a few years now. But she's been putting that off like I did, in favour of going to some concerts with me - but mainly the 80s rock/metal bands. Like with me, the offer surgery has be brought up before, but she's more reluctant about it than I was about mine.

Though, with me, it wus the rehab that frightened me shitless more than the surgery. But I don't think my Mum will ever go through with it - because, as I said, she'd rather make excuses and not do something that need to be done, than do what needs to done. Or she'll wait for her shoulder and knee problems to get worse to the point of surgery being needed, but not really benefitting her in the long-run. And if I can't talk her round, I doubt either of my sisters will huv any luck. :idontknow:

Graeme1988

Your mum seems to want to be negative all the time? I wonder why that might be? :question:

:idontknow: But when ye factor in the lack of school education - she left school at 15, nothing really to show for it. 3 kids by 3 equally abusive men. Ah wouldnae know, since she just laughs it off or gets defensive and offended when I ask her that same question.

But yer right that she seems to want to be negative all the time?

Ah got this wee speech... again! Upon waking up this morning: "
"I'm fed-up. Wish ah could run away, Graeme. Ah hate ma life"

I'm greeted with this every-f**kin'-day upon waking up!
:kickingmyself: Except today, I just mumbled under my breath: "Fur f**k sake! Ah cannae take this anymore"

And I genuinely can't... I'm so utterly miserable. Feel like there's a weight upon my shoulder - a burden I've been made to carry. Yet, I have to force myself to fake a smile and say: "Naw, nowt's wrong. It's awrite" Because it's too f**kin' painful to tell my mum and rest o' the family how it feels to be me. I've got to listen to them complain about their problems and be a sympathetic ear... Do I get that same priviledge? Do I f**k!

Because I don't really have any problems. Nothing to be depressed or anxious about, do I? No, I'm just faking for attention ye see. :eek:h:

By the way, is it common for the youngest sibling to be subject to this kinda stuff? Being neglect emotional. Telt yer useless. Being overlooked in favour of yer older siblings? Because ah don't even feel like I'm part of my own family - but I've felt that way for years.

Graeme1988

I can't be bothered putting on a false happy front for people - it's too draining. But that's what society expects, and what's more, it expects you to be normal, happy, & to enjoy interacting with people. But sometimes i feel compelled to put on a big bright happy grin, so i don't look angry/etc, but in doing so i think it makes me look like a lunatic?!

Oh boy, can I relate there. :sad:

Ah got this wee speech... again! Upon waking up this morning: "
"I'm fed-up. Wish ah could run away, Graeme. Ah hate ma life"

I'm greeted with this every-f**kin'-day upon waking up!
:kickingmyself: Except today, I just mumbled under my breath: "Fur f**k sake! Ah cannae take this anymore"

The morning "sets the tone" for the day, so her blabbing negative stuff first thing in the morning is, in effect ruining your day.
Is there any way you could let her know this, to her to hopefully be more positive/cheery in the morning? But if she's naw a "morning person" that could be tricky...