Need some advice

Stealin Stevin

I started a job a week ago that I plan to quit - I'm suffering from so much anxiety that I can't even get out of bed without a fight.

If I quit, I can't get any benefits for a while (and I do need to help). So I was thinking maybe having a word with the manager to see if they could terminate me as I'm on a probation period anyway.

The second option would be ideal, as I could tell my Mum that they didn't need me or something. Then I can try and deal with my problems.

ek2611

Think of the job as a really short term one. Try to continue working here for while, and start searching for a job in a comfortable setting in the meantime. As soon as you find one just shift.

Jodie-Tyler

I feel your pain hun!
I started my 1st paid job in September 2010, and im still here.
Even though after about a week and half, i wanted to quit. I would cry in bathroom and take my sweet time walking up the stairs LOL

It made me misrable. I didnt get any sympthathy from my mum because she wanted to me to start earning ASAP.
And none of my friends have SP. so i was pretty much alone.
The only reason i stuck it out was A - needed that money. B - my mum is one scary woman! hehe, and thinking about how she would react made me stay.

Im a little more relaxed after 8 months, but i'd still quit if i didnt need the money.
My advice is to do what makes you happy.
If this job is making you soo unhappy that you cant get out of bed, then quit.
Look for low-key jobs, like warehouse work. Jobs that dont involve people too much.

- easier said than done, i know.
Let me know how you get on.

All the best,

PS - cant be botherd to check my spelling or proof read what i put so...sorry is there are tons of mistakes. :)
Jodie x

Lea

Banned
I think I would try to stay there as long as I can, or talk with the manager. I do it like this because the chances that they fire me are great anyway so it would be stupid to quit by myself..