My worst OCD fears: harming my family physically and sexually.

SickCycleCarousel

My OCD started when I was 10. I was afraid of being kidnapped and raped.
When I was 12 I became afraid of being a pedophile.
When I was 21 I started having sexual thoughts about my younger brother (who was 18 at the time). Whenever I would have a thought I would immediately get sick to my stomach and become anxious. I would begin to do anything to get my mind off the thought: I would pop my knuckles; stretch; rub my toes together and contort my body. After awhile I convinced myself I was having the sexual thoughts because I was in love with him. When I had that thought I had the worst panic attack I have ever experienced in my life. I felt like I was being possessed by "god" and the "devil". I took a shower and scratched myself from head to toe (but not enough to draw blood). I was scared out of mind that it was true. I began to think of the guy I had liked and slept with; he was a cancer - my brother is a cancer; he had a deep voice - my brother has a deep voice; I convinced myself that I really was subconsciously in love with my brother because I liked a guy that SORT of resembled him.
I went to my mother and told her I was scared that I was being possessed but I could NOT tell her what I was fearing. I didn't want her to think it was true. I didn't want her to think I was a sick pervert. I didn't want her to send me off to a psych hospital or anything, so I kept the fear to myself.
When I developed that particular fear I also developed the fear of going crazy or going schizophrenic. I also began to fear that I was going to kill my sister and parents. The fear of killing her would make me so scared that I would sit on my hands and bite my lips and tongue until the anxiety went away. I saw a knife on my bathroom sink one night and when I saw it I got the image of killing my family member with it and became so terrified by the thought that I had to hide the knife myself. I had the "urge" to grab it and stab her. I thought I was going to pass out from the anxiety.

These days I no longer fear I'm going to go crazy/schizophrenic and kill my family. But I still have the fear that I'm in love with my brother. I have to remind myself it IS indeed a fear because I am disturbed by the thought and get sick to my stomach.
I cannot shake this fear off. I have convinced myself that it's true and it makes me feel so sick. I feel like i'm a freak. When I listen to songs about love and whatnot I "check" myself to see if I "feel anything special" about my bro, of course I don't. You would think that would reassure me and make me feel better but it doesn't. I have trouble sleeping, and I often wake up in the middle of the night shaking and hating myself and panicking that it's true and I think I want to die.
I couldn't hang out with him for the longest time because I was afraid I'd act on the thoughts. I have contemplated suicide many times because I cannot stand these thoughts anymore. I think if it's true I want to die because I am a sick freak.

I was prescribed Fluoxetine a couple weeks ago, but it's not helping entirely. I feel anxious when I get the thoughts but I also feel numb. The numbness scares me. It makes me feel like I am "giving in" to the thoughts and accepting them as true.

I want these thoughts to end. I want to tell my mom about this fear but I don't feel like she'll understand. My doc asked me if I would like to see a therapist/councilor..I told her I'd think about it. I want to because I would really like to get some insight about this particular fear. But I am also scared because I don't want him/her to tell me that it is in fact a subconscious desire.

I'm sorry this is so long but I am really losing my mind here (what mind I do have anyway, as I am so numb from the Prozac).

I Googled this fear and found someone who shares these thoughts, so I feel better knowing I am not alone. I have been wanting to post about this since I joined but I didn't want to be thought of as a freak. I've kept this to myself for five years. I am constantly on edge and stressed as hell.

I really needed to get this out of my head.

I'm so scared to post this, but I just want to know I am not alone. I want to know this is in fact OCD. I want to be assured I am not a freak. This has me constantly on the verge of tears but I feel like I can't cry because it will mean it's true and I'm crying because I "can't have him".

I think I'm going to go throw up now.

Thanks for listening.

I want to add that I am terrified of liking men because I don't want find one that reminds me of my brother. I'm becoming turned off by males and I am convincing myself that i am a lesbian. I find women attractive and think I'd like to be with one but the thought of having sex with a woman grosses me out (just a little bit).
I'm a mess. =\

Last edited:

Darryl

This is something of a bad dream with your eyes open.

I went and looked at a couple of dream sites as it might get you closer to an answer.

Sex and family members.
It doesn't necessrily mean that you have mixed up sexuality, psychs point out that this dream can be symbolic message about your relationship.

Killing Family.
You holding a grug towards them or they are bothering you somehow.

I see dreams as a internal tool trying to tell us something that we can't see in our wakeing life.

And you mentioned if you should see a pyschologist-- best thing I ever did.
Kind regards Darryl