meetiing people online

veryshy

Seems all of this rave aabout meeting people online through dating websites is just a cruel scam made to rip people off. Apparently on most of these sites both interested sides must pay just to contact each other. Many of them make a "join" a free account to browse, but in order to actually meet anyone both you and your prospective date have to pay a royalty to the dating company.

Anyone know of any online personals that are NOT like this?

Angie_05

I don't know of any free ones, but sometimes you can cleverly sneek in your aim or yahoo name in the profile.

Pearl

In Australia you can get around dating sites for free. On Yahoo Personals you can send free icebreakers which may lead to a reply, and on other sites you can flash smiles or message people after they contact you. So here it is possible to exchange email or msn addresses and chat, then it could lead anywhere..

ColdFury

On Yahoo Personals you can send free icebreakers which may lead to a reply, and on other sites you can flash smiles or message people after they contact you.

You can only reply to an icebreaker with another icebreaker. There's no way to exchange a message with any information without paying.

LittleMissScareAll

other than the ones that have already been mentioned, www.webdate.com is free too...and so are alot of the rating sites too, which can be a way to meet people sometimes(if you feel uncomfortable being rated you can turn off the rating feature on most sites, and just be on there to send & receive messages)

LittleMissScareAll

taws said:
plentyoffish.com completely free though i dont see how these sites can work for people with SA, most of the profiles on there are like " outgoing,adventurous extroverted blahh blah blah who wants the same in a partner" i see that and think 'wow i probably would hate that person.'

Yeah, I hate that too, though I've sent a few messages to people "seeking outgoing people" before anyway though...usually I don't get responses. But in my profiles I always let people know I'm a very quiet person.