Maybe This World Isn't For Us

Alternator

I' ve had SAD since I was 14, now I'm 23. About six months ago, I started having feelings for this girl, and since I was tired of being single (2.5 years) I decided to go for it. It was the first time in my life I was going to ask a girl out. And so I did it. And things were going well. On my past relationship, my social anziety didnt really allow me to open up, and I didnt want this girl to go through what my last girlfriend had to go through with me. So I opened up to her, entirely. I literally poured my heart and soul to her. One day when we were lying in bed, she asked me to put into words my feelings for her. It was hard, but I did it. I showered her with compliments. I told her everything about me, even my deepest secrets. Whenever we had an argument, I was the first one to apologize. I tried to help her as much as I could with errands among other things. She had an issue with trust, so I tried to keep in touch, and spend as much time with her as possible. We saw each other just about every day for two months. Her mother had passed away recently, and sometimes at night she would be afraid. One night she called me around 1am saying she was afraid, so I offered to go to her house (it's a long ride by the way) and sleep with her. So technically, I did everything right. I know in my heart that I did. I'm not going to bore with details, but we broke up and she hurt me a lot. She broke a promise and lied to me.

So why did this happen? Why do nice guys finish last? Why does everything have to be so hard for me all the time? Why cant I be treated the way I treat people? I faced my fear, I asked her out, it was something I had never done before. I went to restaurants, I did things I had never done before? Why did she have to shatter my trust again? We're told we have to open up, we have to share our feelings, not keep it bottle inside, but you know what? Bottled inside was a lot better than this. I'm tired of fighting.

eerf

she wasn't the right person for you. Stop clinging to women , and you will see how everything will change.

black_mamba

So why did this happen? Why do nice guys finish last?

It's not about being nice or nasty to women. Its the fact that this person did not feel enough towards you to want to stay. Imagine the same situation ten years down the line - she would be unhappy. She is simply cutting her losses, its therefore better in the long run.

You did nothing wrong, but you weren't meant to be.

I understand how much it hurts, my first love left me when everything was going amazingly. 8O

People are strange.

wutnow

Alternator said:
Why do nice guys finish last?

The race isn't over yet. Focus on all the good things you accomplished - try to build on those successes. You have to keep going/ trying.

You are doing the right things, but again, keep doing them till you have success.

Easy to say, I know, I've spent/ squandered decades on it. But there's nothing else to do. If we want to find partners, we have to make ourselves available. You seem to be doing that and I think that's a tremendous success :D .

Ausar

You gotta stop being so nice and quit being a "bitch". Do you ever notice asshole guys have hot girlfriends?

black_mamba

Do you ever notice asshole guys have hot girlfriends?

Hot girlfriends with no sense I presume. Personally, no, I don't notice it.

That whole idea of mean guys get the better women is flawed, there are so many exceptions to the rule it just doesn't work. And what do you mean by asshole guys anyway? 8O