long time no post....

corrinaelizabeth

just thought id say hi and have a moan really lol,havent been to good, had to have my lovely 16 year old dog put to sleep on the 13th feb so have spent alot of time crying and not really doing anything,its only recently ive started to make the effort once more in conquering my sp and agoraphobia,it was horrible tho,one of the ways i cope when im out walking on my own is to listen to my cd player but a song came on that i used to listen to when i walked my dog and it nearly broke my heart.everyday i miss him but last night i had an awful dream about him and i just miss him so much today!
i just worry like was he scared is he ok does he understand why we left him oh god!sorry everyone just needed to rant

Moonie

I am so sorry! I am tearing up just reading your post. We had to put two pets to sleep so far in my life. it is really a hard thing. But, there does come a time when it is just too much for them. My cat had cancer and she was suffering. I really didn't want to see her go. But she was in pain and there was not much else that the vets could do. I do believe that animals go to heaven. And even though I am somewhat of an agnostic, I am sure that if there is a heaven, our animals are there.

All I can say is that it takes times. It will get easier. There will come a time that when you can think about them without crying. The good memories will be with you. Some people do not get pets, just to avoid these moments. But I could never not have one. They bring too much joy and happiness in life.

*hugs*

corrinaelizabeth

thank you so much for your kind reply,hes the only dog we have ever had so it was v hard.i know it was the best thing to do,sam(my dog)he also had cancer in his back leg and the tumour got that big he had trouble walking.
im sorry to hear of your loss,its so hard having to make that decision!!shortly after he died i did a search on the net and a place called rainbow bridge came up,its where animals go when they have passed on and it was really comforting to read that,then when you die your animal joins you,it was so lovely!anyway thanks so much for your reply
:D

Starry

Corrinaelizabeth, I'm so sorry about your dog. :( I know what it's like to lose a dog, on the 7th April it will be a year since I had to have my old dog Benji, put to sleep. I was so dreadfully upset for ages afterwards. Things that reminded me of him made me burst out crying. But it does get easier. You'll reach the point where you'll just smile whenever youi think of him too. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss though. *Hugs*

corrinaelizabeth

hey, just reading those posts made me cry, oh well in time i hope it will get easier,im sorry about your loss starry,its the most awful thing when you have to make that decision but thank you so much for your kind replies :)