Less sense of humor

I don't know, for some reason lately I haven't been able to find people's jokes that funny anymore. I mean I still love movies and stand up, but when talking to people, I haven't seriously like cracked up. I don't know why. Maybe I've been more depressed lately, I dunno. Anyone feel this way?

dottie

yes. i don't find conversation brings me much laughter, either.

and i resent feeling obligated to laugh even if something is so not funny. basically ALL the time at work. laugh or you aren't a team player. but don't smile too much because people will think you're retarded. i can't find the perfect medium. i'm either totally myself (not amused AT ALL) or totally fake (smiling too much cornball mcfly). i'm sorry. i'm not an actress. and people don't like that. sorry i totally went off topic.

Ashiene

when i was younger i used to laugh uncontrollably at the slightest of jokes but now i juz put on this blank face...

I made this thread a while ago. I realized that it's simply that most people are pretty easily amused by some of the dumbest things. It's not really my problem, I know I do have a sense of humor. I can name you a dozen comedians, TV shows, and movies that crack me up. It was just a matter of being a bit depressed, and feeling out of place when it comes to small talk.

Can anyone relate to that? Feeling like everyone around them laughs at the most superficial stuff, as long as it's said by someone who's confident?

mads

I made this thread a while ago. I realized that it's simply that most people are pretty easily amused by some of the dumbest things. It's not really my problem, I know I do have a sense of humor. I can name you a dozen comedians, TV shows, and movies that crack me up. It was just a matter of being a bit depressed, and feeling out of place when it comes to small talk.

Can anyone relate to that? Feeling like everyone around them laughs at the most superficial stuff, as long as it's said by someone who's confident?

If one is depressed it is certainly hard to find anything funny

100%, i understand what you mean!

It could be that the jokes you're being told really aren't that funny.

I THINK you just need to find someone who makes you laugh like an idiot every time you get together.