Iontophoresis and Coughing

g35

Hi, I've been using Idromed 5 GS for over 2 weeks now and i dunno why, i've just realized that every time i lift my palms up from the tub after completing a 10 minute session, Ill get a sudden cough as if my throat has become scratchy. Has anyone experienced that before? Im using 18amps

generation7

I have had that before among other things. I don't know maybe it's all in my head. But I don't want to stop either =(. Btw isn't 18amps high? I thought they said that you should use 15amps max for hands.

etsveteran

I have had a nagging cough lately and am wondering if iontophoresis is causing some of the hexavelant chromium in the steel electrodes to get into my lungs.

Maybe I am just too paranoid about that possibility.

Broch

Hmmm... I've been doing ionto for awhile now and never had any kind of cough. I only had a cough when I used Robinul.

dtg1

I've been doing ionto at the hospital for about 4 months now and for past 3 months have had a cough. It's like a little tickly cough but hardly worth coughing for if you know what I mean. I do get wheezy with it too and the doc thinks it's my asthma but it has never bothered me like this before! I don't even go through one inhailer a year usually but I've almost gone through my second one in only a month and I can't honestly say that it helps much. So now I have a steroid preventer as well, but again, doesn't seem to stop the cough much. Also had 'lung' pain at one side but nothing showing on x-ray. Wondering if there's any correlation with the ionto treatment since I was fine before it??

Jezza

@dtg1

I've had the 'lung pain' both when I was not doing ionto and now sometimes after...Nothing showed up on X-ray though.

etsveteran

dtg1, are you using steel electrodes or aluminum ones? I am using steel ones and they are the ones that emit hexavelant chromium ions.