Im so nervous it's unbearable

ripewithdecay

My boss called me today and told me that I have to train 2 new people at work tommorow on my own. I've never had to train anyone let alone 2 :X
Im so nervous right now because one of the new ppl is a girl and probably really attractive (knowing my 'terrible' luck) and the other can hardly speak any english.
I feel so overwhelmed with anxiety i feel like just not showing up to my job and quitting. I know that sounds ridiculous but i dont know if i can go through the day without having a total anxious breakdown. i dont think ill be able to sleep tonight either so ill be tired ><

has anyone had to do this before? what should i do? there is no one else left to train them, its all up to me

froghat

Hmmm, I'm probably not the best person to ask because I quit my last job after being there for only 1 month, but I will try. Just put things in perspective. Training may suck, but it's only one or two days, right? So, it's only a few days out of the year that you have to suffer. Also, keep in mind, the people being trained are probably nervous as well. What about the guy who can't speak English? I bet he will be too focused on his own issue to be worried about you. And the other people are probably too worried about looking good to focus on you. Just think how you felt on the first day of training. I bet you were nervous and were too busy to analyse what the trainer was doing.

Lexmark

They will be nervous coz there new and learning a new job
If you were them would u be more nervous ?

milo001

i know how nervous can make you sleepless the whole night.but you don't need to feel worried because of this.because you're the one that teach them not they teach you.just like what Lexmark said.if me i'll be excited instead.just try yor best don't show thay're nervous in front of them.good luck.wish you all the best tomorrow. :)

blue

First of all good luck for tommorow!
I have to start a new job soon and i feel so nervouse i feel sick! Ay least you are in a place that you know, doing a job that you know and your Boss must think you can do it or he/she would not have asked!!
So feel pleased with yourself for for being chosen for it and if you feel really bad when you meet the people just laugh it off and say something like"im really nervouse i havnt had to do this befor, so just bear with me"
I bet they say they are nervous too! :D

BreakingFree

This is an opportunity for you to grow! Use it! Start knocking SA down!Its a tall order, but go for it! We all should stop copping out of difficult situations. How else are we going to get better?

ripewithdecay

The guy really didn't speak english at all, and didn't even attempt to talk to me.
The girl is a little younger than me and very attractive. I could tell she was extremely nervous though. So this made things a lot easier.
I actually felt pretty good after all was said and done, and had a good day.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement :)

summer

i havnt had to train up anyone before but i have had those exact same feelings before, where i have just wanted to walk out, hide, and quit rather than do such a terrifying thing.
I know its easier said than done but You have to try and think possitive, pretend you have confidence, tell yourself you can do it, make yourself do it and think to yourself its only for 1 day and be proud that your boss has enough faith in you to do this.
like everyone else has already said they will be very nervous too.
you can do it, good luck!

milo001

ripewithdecay said:
The guy really didn't speak english at all, and didn't even attempt to talk to me.
The girl is a little younger than me and very attractive. I could tell she was extremely nervous though. So this made things a lot easier.
I actually felt pretty good after all was said and done, and had a good day.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement :)

good to hear that.hope you'll always be successful fpr the rest of your carier days. :D

Zarrix

Training people is the worst because of the expectation of the new employees and the boss. I had to train three different people at work once, and I wasnt revered there in the first place. I was the only person capable of doing it. Luckily I got told I did an awesome job, and I became one of the best afterwards.

Its especially bad if they are outgoing or attractive. Luckily I havent had to train anyone with those traits yet.