I was going to a meeting
and ppl kept talking
and i was quiet
they said '''wow your so quiet''
and i felt awful
i said, well i got social anxiety
and explained what it is

... how can i become more talkative ?
cuz i'll meet more often with these girls.

it's a pansexual group meeting

Diend

I read somewhere that anxiety is the conflict between id and superego. Your id wants to talk but your superego is either scared or unsure of how to do so. Anyways, I understand the overwhelming anxiety and the inability to shake off the anxiety but I don't have any suggestions for you.

Lavinialuna

I don't know if you can teach yourself to talk more. I myself am pretty extroverted, but my daughter is introverted. she is 20. she explained it like this: it's like I have the thoughts, and I know what I want to say, but I just can't say it. Simple as that. I don't know if there is a way to change that or not, but from what I gather from observation is that there is a yin to every yang, and that you will likely find a partner who is your opposite. My husband is an introvert. It just works. If you were interested in my opinion I would say just be yourself, and you will peak the interest of an extrovert somewhere and they will approach you- like they already have! By asking you "boy you are quiet" it goes to show that they are finding you mysterious and are interested in what is going on in your head. Use it to your advantage :D

darrens

I'v always had similiar experiences myself too like sometimes lately i have been trying to when the chance arises to talk or try to start a conversation, but it's like once i start thinking of something to say before i say it ,then it's going to come out in an unconfident forced way so i'm better saying nothing and try to look confident lol,
But having told them you have social anxiety must have eased ur anxiety a bit, sounds like a good way to go .