I am such a loser

I say what is the in title, because I really just am. I was out tonight and we ended up coming across an old friend, "old" friend meaning he stopped really talking to us a bit ago. But when he and his girlfriend saw me and my other friend, being that it was his bday dinner, they invited us over. Well great, thanks for the invite before. But whatever we go hang out, well I am my normal not talkative, lets sit here and do nothing self. In the end I we sat there for a long time, and I was getting to the point where I wanted to leave, get away. Well that didn't happen. Turns out we are now going to a new restaurant and I am expected to come along. Well I do, I can never turn down things right.

At this new place we sit around again, and there is even more people, 2 more. And I am just sitting there, saying something at times, nothing intelligent. Listening to what others talk about. And just listening to them, I feel so loser like. They talk about going on trips all over, to having these cool apartments, to things like "I wouldn't have sex with a virgin, it is odd", etc. Well none of that makes me feel any better. I am a virgin, I have no money for trips or an apartment, hell I can barely hold jobs at times. They also talked about body hair, and well I have that, and their comments weren't boosting anything in my self-esteem. What else, well just many things, and as the night went on I came to feel so much a loser.

Why is it that I am this way. Things like those get togethers are suppose to be fun, to make you happy. It instead makes me depressed. I am never going to be like others, not only because of my issues with SP and depression, but just because I don't like talking or doing stuff most people do.

Sorry for the venting/pity thing. I am just upset.

Kat

The fact they invited you over is a good sign they desire your company you being there seems like enough for them:)

ps shave your body hair, to keep away that stink:D

The fact they invited you over is a good sign they desire your company you being there seems like enough for them:)

ps shave your body hair, to keep away that stink:D

I doubt they invited me over, more like my friend, and then only for politeness, as for the hair, shaving that all the time is a bitch. And it isn't like I asked for it, I can't change that.

And on that last note, I am going to go cry myself to sleep.

Last edited:

Kat

I doubt they invited me over, more like my friend, and then only for politeness, as for the hair, shaving that all the time is a bitch. And it isn't like I asked for it, I can't change that.

And on that last note, I am going to go cry myself to sleep.

The situation really isn't that bad, people talk crap all the time don't invest more into it then you need to this is not an aberration this type of interaction goes on a daily basis we are just more sensitive to it and tempus 35 is not a loser, that's quitter talk:mad:

goldatom

I don't think losing virginity or shaving body hair are that important any way (shaving facial hair and getting a haircut are enough). As for not having enough money, yes we all want to live comfortably. But it ends there. What does it matter what others think? We should first do things for ourselves, and then worry about others. That's the order of things pretty much.

seafolly

I'm leaping in headfirst here because this is the first time I've ever read of people who feel remotely like I do.

It's completely natural that this situation would depress you. Being held back by your disorder (sorry I don't know your history) and watching others progress in life, seemingly leaps and bounds ahead of you, is really tough. The problem lies in comparing ourselves to those who don't fight the daily demons that we do. I met a girl last week who happens to share my exact birthday. Same year and all that. She's engaged, has a house, and is a veterinarian. Me? Still where I was at 19. It's a beating on your self esteem I know, but you've got to do your best to block it out. I say this but I do the exact same thing you do. ;)

Lorraine Manca

hey, look at it this way. were you thrilled by their company or enlightened by their presence? no! it sounds like you were bored! dont blame yourself for being bored around boring people. im so serious. none of the things they talked about sound remotely interesting. no wonder you werent having fun!

Agon

Lool I can so relate. On my first day of school, I was with 2 people who reaally got along well. Then they were laughing about awkward situations, etc. About how when you can't contribute anything in the conversation, you whip out your phone and start texting. They were having a good laugh, and... well. I was in the process of extracting my phone from my pocket.

So I was like DAMN. The sad thing was, tho, one of them was a "close friend". Supposedly. Which is why I put the quotation marks. And she was just ignoring me like that. We spent a whole year together back in freshman year, and now this. :( She just met this person, and all of a sudden just left me hanging.

I had the courage, tho, to excuse myself and stop hanging out with them. I mean, I know they were only walking with me to class out of politeness. So I found other people to hang out with. The people I could actually relate to. So I hope you find people like that as well :)

If I were you, I wouldn't force myself to hang out with people that make you feel left out. You can always say no if they ask you just for the sake of having good manners.

The way I see it; you were in a very awkward situation, felt like you wanted to leave, still had the good grace to go with them to the restaurant, endured some pretty offensive conversation/comments, and came through the whole thing.

If anything, you are a hero for what you've been through.

so you went to a restaurant and took a seat ? wow... that's something i could only dream of...

:p, I have come a long way in many ways, I go out to eat a lot, goto movies, etc. At the moment my SP is tamed enough for all that. I still have issues here and there though. And hopefully that isn't a dream forever.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
They don't look like fun people to be around... I'd be bored to death if I were in that situation. If you felt that way it's not because of you, but because they aren't interesting at all, they didn't do or say anything fun at all :/

da_illest101

yea i feel you, i hate when i'm with people that i have nothing in common with, next time duck better lol, that's what i would do