I am scary looking

ripewithdecay

I can't help but admit it - that i look pretty darn scary. Like my natural face is just creepy looking. It's not so much that i'm ugly ? i just look unfriendly.
that is how God made me. it really sucks because i would need to have a very outgoing bubbly personality to make up for it, but since i'm the total opposite its a lose-lose situation. People tell me to smile, but I do smile. and I look like a friggin lunatic when I do. i was even told in high school by a friend that some of the girls thought i was creepy looking and had dark rings under my eyes.

It really makes me feel hopeless when im actually feeling good about myself and then i go into the bathroom and smile naturally into the mirror and feel a shiver run down my spine.

Does anyone else feel the same?

PlaceboEffect

Post your picture here and let members give you honest feedback.

HOWEVER, an important principle to understand is that what you think of yourself is always projected outward.

Look at Gerard Depardieu.. He's an actor... Even though he is not one of the prettiest people he can make himself appear fun, intriguing, scary, serious.. It depends on the role he's playing.

The face itself doesn't matter much, what matters is the feelings you are projecting.

And to be honest looks don't matter much when it comes to girls. If you see a really good looking guy with a girl you have to realize she is not with him because of his appearance but because of the confidence he allows himself to adopt because of his looks.

Now if you were able to unlock the confidence and that radiant personality inside yourself you'd get the same results.

This is why we work on ourselves and this is why we are always developing our attitudes.

Argamemnon

ripewithdecay said:
It really makes me feel hopeless when im actually feeling good about myself and then i go into the bathroom and smile naturally into the mirror and feel a shiver run down my spine.

Yes, totally! There is nothing more painful and horrifying than thinking that you're ugly.

I've seen plenty of good looking people on here say that they're ugly or that they hate the way they look.

Just post a pic of yourself, it's all in your mind

M1tCh

Banned
Hey, i was going to start a thread on this subject. Thanks for bringing it up..

Yeah, I can relate to what you're saying. I've even been told to my face by some females that I'm "scary" (great, huh?). Other people have told me; quote: "You look like you don't want to be bothered". But my favorite reaction, perhaps, is the one I've received from several children in my neighborhood. When they see me outside--just passing by--they'll often go back into their houses/hide in their garages until I'm gone. This has happened many times and it sucks.

Nevertheless, I don't think i'm any of those things, but it's painful to endure.

asubscriber99

you should create a smile habit!

most impressions are created in the first 90 seconds, so what you need to do so people say "he/she is very nice....." is : say hello, learn to smile with it, shake hands and never remove your hand till the other removes it.

and we're there!

akele

if smiling is too hard, try to have a 'pleasant' expression on your face, or the beginnings of a smile, the corners of your mouth turning up instead of down, as a sunday school song goes. smiling doesnt come easily to me, usually, because i tend to be thinking seriously about anything and everything. i used to be told by complete strangers 'Don't worry, it might never happen!', that was embarassing so i make a conscious effort to not look so worried, but i usually forget, and go back to my naturally serious expression. its a minefield out there!
akele