Humiliated.

Jennifer

Hi everyone, I have OCD & AvPD. Last week my mother told me I had to get a part time job... You can imagine how thrilled I was (sarcasm). But I did agree since she said it only had to be 2 days a week.

I was terrified but I thought “maybe it won't be so bad”. Wrong.

Today I got my first call back from some cafe or coffee shop or something, so they asked me to come in for an interview I said yes (possible the most daring thing I've ever done). I got back from the interview a while ago... I very well may never leave the house again.

I'll briefly explain what happen. I got there, went inside, blah blah blah blah blah.

The interview was going fine. The lady was very nice (or so it seemed) although she was kinda laughing to herself throughout the beginning of the interview, I just passed it off.

So she's asking me a few basic questions, then she looks at me and says “are you okay? You seem nervous, you're sweating a lot”. I sweat really bad when I'm around people & my face goes red. I replied that I'm fine just a little shy. Then she laughs and says “well I think you're more than a little shy, look at your face”, I was so humiliated but being who I am I wasn't gonna say anything so I just laughed.

Okay then (possibly the worst part of the interview) she says “um what's wrong with your eye?”. I have amblyobia (lazy eye) in my right eye. I was kinda surprised she asked me that... It's kinda obvious what's wrong with it, but anyway I told her, when I said that she started laughing. I was obviously insulted... but again being me I didn't say anything.

Then she says “so when it comes to personal hygiene is this just a bad day for you or...?”, I wanted to die right there, where the hell does she get off asking about my hygiene? I explained to her I have bad sweating, apparently she didn't hear me. So then before I even answered her she says “I'm sorry you'll have to leave, I have more people coming about the job”, when I walked out of the room I could hear her laughing.

Sorry it's so long but this is like the most embarrassing thing thats ever happen to me.

How am I suppose to ever (attempt) to talk to anyone ever again? I feel pathetic.

Jake123

Banned
Wow. That's horrible. The nerve of some people... That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to never step foot outside my house again. I can't believe that happened to you!
I would be mortified too.
I'm sorry :(

Shes sounds really bad. She sounds like a bitch. Dont feel bad though. Just because it didnt work out this time doesnt mean it wont work out ever. You know, I'd file a complaint with somebody about her. Maybe the better business bureau or something. Look into that, thats very unprofessional.

DownInAHole

She sounds like a bitch. I'd be willing to bet she's not well-liked at that place of business. Keep your head up, you'll find something :).

Jennifer

Shes sounds really bad. She sounds like a bitch. Dont feel bad though. Just because it didnt work out this time doesnt mean it wont work out ever. You know, I'd file a complaint with somebody about her. Maybe the better business bureau or something. Look into that, thats very unprofessional.

Yeah I phoned there and complained.

They said they would get “Chrissie” to apologize. The guy didn't even give me time to respond, he immediately said “let me go get her”, then put me on hold... I hung there's no way I could ever talk to her again.

Rexus

I'd beat the crap out of her. She's someone you need to pwn not someone to make you never wanna leave the house again. If anything, it should give you incentive to leave the house again to do something to put these bitches in their place. Gut up and tell her you're an ugly bitch then gag in her face and give her the finger then laugh and leave off. That's what I'd do, nothing to be humiliated about.

Yeah I phoned there and complained.

They said they would get “Chrissie” to apologize. The guy didn't even give me time to respond, he immediately said “let me go get her”, then put me on hold... I hung there's no way I could ever talk to her again.

Its discrimination too. She discriminated you on your appearance and your medical issues. Its against the law. I'd try to take it a step higher and not deal with those people directly. Ask your mom if she knows the appropriate people to contact to put a complaint in.

Jennifer

Its discrimination too. She discriminated you on your appearance and your medical issues. Its against the law. I'd try to take it a step higher and not deal with those people directly. Ask your mom if she knows the appropriate people to contact to put a complaint in.

No... I'd rather leave it alone.

It's prepared me for the real world. Now I know how I'll be treated by everyone.

206Raider

I don't even know you but that makes me want to slap a bitch for you. And I hate being humiliated too but the bitch took it too far and I hardly leave the house myself. You should do something like file a complaint if you can.

I'm afraid of being humiliated becuase when I am (cuase it hardly happens I always look on edge I guess) I get pissed and have to say something cause I'm a man but I avoid it as much as possible and usually if you do do something to get me really mad which is hard to do I snap and so the most personal thigns about you or possibly hit you cause at that point I hold nothing back.

Jennifer

I don't even know you but that makes me want to slap a bitch for you. And I hate being humiliated too but the bitch took it too far and I hardly leave the house myself. You should do something like file a complaint if you can.

I'm afraid of being humiliated becuase when I am (cuase it hardly happens I always look on edge I guess) I get pissed and have to say something cause I'm a man but I avoid it as much as possible and usually if you do do something to get me really mad which is hard to do I snap and so the most personal thigns about you or possibly hit you cause at that point I hold nothing back.

Yeah, I don't even know how to file a complaint though.

It probably wouldn't do much anyway. When I phoned to complain the guy told me “Chris (chrissie) has always been a great employee, they've never had problems with her”. To give you the gist of it he basically said she's too pretty to fire.

Afterglow

That was a real bad experience, no question about it. She was rude, unprofessional, and just down right stupid. Don't let "she" deter you from living your life though. Shake up the dust and move on , not everybody out there will be like her. In fact, I am certain that if you keep trying, you will get a cool job and meet cool people just like you!

Good Luck!:D

Jennifer

That was a real bad experience, no question about it. She was rude, unprofessional, and just down right stupid. Don't let "she" deter you from living your life though. Shake up the dust and move on , not everybody out there will be like her. In fact, I am certain that if you keep trying, you will get a cool job and meet cool people just like you!

Good Luck!:D

Yeah... To be honest your post made me feel even more pathetic “you will get a cool job and meet cool people just like you!”, could that sound any more forced?

Afterglow

I am sorry Jennifer, I had not intentions of making you feel bad about yourself. In light of the bad experience you had, I thought I could cheer you up with a positive outlook, that was all. I am not being insincere about you being cool, even though I do not know you. I was just reacting to your personality as I sense it to be as I read your post. Well, I better stop here before I do any more damage. I still think you are cool!

Best of luck Jennifer!

Satine

Gah, what a cow!

Look, don't let it put you off going to other interviews, that was unusual, what happened there. Think of it this way: an interview is as much about you working out whether you want the job as vice versa. You discovered in that interview that one of the people you'd be working closely with, if not the person you'd be directly answerable to, would be a pisstaker. In a way, this is a good thing: at least she showed her hand early, before you accepted the job.

So keep in mind that you've managed to avoid working with her and move on.

Something I'd do, given the way she treated you, would be to recommend to friends and family that they avoid the place. Voting with one's feet may not be a terribly powerful tactic, but it's a delightfully insidious one. In these times, any money that doesn't go into their till makes their life a little bit harder.

I once did something similar with a shoe shop not far away from where I live. It shut down a few months ago. Probably not purely as a result of my subsequent refusal to shop there, or even my mentioning the issue to the local cobbler; it probably had more to do with the fact that that girl who annoyed me had no idea how to treat customers. I bet she annoyed more people than just me. And she was the manager, of all things.

So by all means use your experience to 'un-recommend' them, if you feel keen to get back at her and her establishment. Note there's a difference between defaming a company/person and just making it known that they're not worth doing business with. Word of mouth goes on all the time with business, so use it. I work for a family business and I'd be horrified to know someone was saying, 'look... don't go to X company, go to Y instead. X were unprofessional when they dealt with me'.

Last edited:

rayray

definetely a bitch,hearing something like that it just makes me want to slap her,even though i am very calm person and never start a fight.

Jennifer

Seeing how you would all like to “slap the b*tch” brings me a strange sense of happiness.

Thank you.