how many times do you cry during the week?

How many times do you cry during the week

• once

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • more then five times

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • more then ten times

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • so many times I can't answer

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • none/rarely

Votes: 44 50.0%

• Total voters

Forgotten-Children

Depends on the situation, but I think I cried atleast two times this week trying to express my emotions one of those times being today but it was a mild cry. I was just tearing up.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Is it possible to amend the poll options? I haven't cried since my friend died in January. It's very rare for me. There's no option for less than once a week.

Snowdrop

I cry maybe once every week or 2 weeks, whenever my thoughts cross to something really negative and I can't help but cry. I don't like it but it's become a habit of mine...I only do it when I'm definitely alone though or I know no one will hear

EscapeArtist

I try to force myself to, but after much effort and facial disfigurement it just doesn't work anymore. The times I cry are short when they are true, because the guard re-erects itself quickly after I realize it is down. About once a week I am able to cry

EscapeArtist

Ah, yes Sial, me too. I DO see it as weakness, as 'giving up' or losing hope. But I feel that is irrational to think, yet I believe so. If somebody would like easily to persuade me otherwise I would be delighted by the way...

Mokkat

There needs to be a "none" option. I was raised by parents/society/myself to bottle up tears. Im a guy :S

Yes We Can

I don't, and haven't in many years. I was brought up to believe it was a sign of weakness, but I actually don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's within reason (ie.. appropriate time, place, etc.) then again who determines when that is? Maybe it's partly an age thing as well. Years ago I gave myself permission to cry should I feel the need to, I just haven't cashed in on it as of yet, but hey who knows. I also think there should be a none option on the poll.

Interesting question.
I actually find it hard to cry a lot because I have to accept things for what they are. And I just don't care enough to cry.
But when I am able to, it's pretty deep. I'll cry in the dark and think about the past, unable to fall asleep. Wondering when a girl will fall in love with me. How they can. Wondering what happened in my life that I'm in this situation.
Sometimes I wish I could cry more because crying makes me actually feel something.
In every day life, it's hard to really care about anything.

Aussie_Lad

I am a man. Real men don't cry, or at least that's what a lot of us are told from a young age.

I find myself tearing up more from an emotional scene on tv, than I do from sadness or happiness in my own life.

KiaKaha

Banned
I haven't cried in a few weeks... I am probably about due. Crying is a good release and I am not going to suppress it because of some kind of macho nonsense. I have no shame in doing so if I need to.