How are you feeling?

Daniel089

I'm in a dilemma, I found out that the annual musical event in my town have started. I promised myself that I would go to it, it might be the last time or a very long time until I can attend it again.

I'm nervous about going to it though, one of the reasons are that I fear that someone from school will be there and I might have to say what I've been doing since school. Not to mention that the number of people there feels intimidating and overall annoying.

I was thinking about calling the only real friend I have, we were supposed to have our annual meeting some time now anyways, and ask him if we should go to this event/festival. I have no idea what he thinks of it, or how it will be if I will meet someone from school with him accompanied. I feel a bit "exhausted" from the mere thought of calling him, arranging the meeting and then go down to this thing. Will it be easier meeting him some other time, going by myself, not going at all?

There's your chance man! I don't doubt I would be in a similiar dilemma, but in the end I would go if I were you... By the way I'm quite sure it will be harder meeting him some other time.

alwaysrunning

i've been having a really hard time with my weight and body image recently, so much that i scheduled a visit to the doctor to ask about weight loss. I was told my weight was perfectly normal, albeit my eating habits were off, but then again, they always have been. I don't see myself as having a normal weight, i see a horrible blob of skin, i wish mirrors did not exist sometimes, i can't bear to look at myself, and i hav no idea how others bear to look at me without being repulsed at my mere image. Ughhh i wish i could lose all this weight, but my passion for running is overrun by the fear of getting out there on the road and getting judged for how i look. I love to run, but everytime i do, i no longer feel free like i used to, i start feeling self concious about my body and intrusive thoughts overwhelm my mind;thoughts about how others perceive me are most prominent. I wish i could just get out there, but so far my therapist has not even answered my e-mail, or calls since tuesday, i feel a bit in a rut :/

Etbow23

Care to talk about it Etbow?

Well it all started when my grandmother called me about this issue that i've been having, then I started having a huge fight with my boyfriend because he was angry about the way I was acting (upset and freaking out). And he was being mean because I was having a meltdown.

And I'm stressed out about not having worked for the past month, because I was planning on moving and my mother keeps putting off. Im worried about money and other stuff. Oh well I can only say that I hope everything will be okay :/ I'm probably just freaking out for nothing.

DeadmanWalking

Well it all started when my grandmother called me about this issue that i've been having, then I started having a huge fight with my boyfriend because he was angry about the way I was acting (upset and freaking out). And he was being mean because I was having a meltdown.

And I'm stressed out about not having worked for the past month, because I was planning on moving and my mother keeps putting off. Im worried about money and other stuff. Oh well I can only say that I hope everything will be okay :/ I'm probably just freaking out for nothing.

Well, maybe you should go approach your boyfriend and calmly talk to him about why you were having a meltdown. Clear the air between you two:).

Do you know why your mother has been putting it off? And I should hope that things will resolve themselves in time.

Etbow23

Well, maybe you should go approach your boyfriend and calmly talk to him about why you were having a meltdown. Clear the air between you two:).

Do you know why your mother has been putting it off? And I should hope that things will resolve themselves in time.

Well first it's because she had some things to do, and now her boyfriend (who is helping me move too) has something to do this weekend.

I think everything will resolve itself, but it just sucks when you're anticipating everything before they happen and you finally see they're not as bad as you think they were going to be.

Also, my boyfriend seems to think I don't want to work because i have a "rich complex" or something. He doesn't understand i don't want to work at retail stores or restaurants , it gives me anxiety to be around people like that. i also don't want to work much as i want to focus on school in fall. im transferring to a university.

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

Well first it's because she had some things to do, and now her boyfriend (who is helping me move too) has something to do this weekend.

I think everything will resolve itself, but it just sucks when you're anticipating everything before they happen and you finally see they're not as bad as you think they were going to be.

Just try to stay calm and resolve your problems as they come to you:). Stress makes us do some pretty rash things sometimes. I don't know if this makes any sense or if I'm helping you, but I hope I'm at least pointing you in the right direction::eek::.

As for your last comment, have you spoke to him about it and explained your reasons behind what you're doing?

Srijita52

Thanks you :)
Hope you feel better soon, at least you went to that party, as long as you don't avoid such things it will get better *hugs*
Thank you, I hope so too. :)
i've been having a really hard time with my weight and body image recently, so much that i scheduled a visit to the doctor to ask about weight loss. I was told my weight was perfectly normal, albeit my eating habits were off, but then again, they always have been. I don't see myself as having a normal weight, i see a horrible blob of skin, i wish mirrors did not exist sometimes, i can't bear to look at myself, and i hav no idea how others bear to look at me without being repulsed at my mere image. Ughhh i wish i could lose all this weight, but my passion for running is overrun by the fear of getting out there on the road and getting judged for how i look. I love to run, but everytime i do, i no longer feel free like i used to, i start feeling self concious about my body and intrusive thoughts overwhelm my mind;thoughts about how others perceive me are most prominent. I wish i could just get out there, but so far my therapist has not even answered my e-mail, or calls since tuesday, i feel a bit in a rut :/
I'm sorry.

Lemonheadzuccini

I feel wonderful today! Today i saw this girl at the mall who i thought hated my soul but she started talking to me and we hung out today, weird but good ^.^

lilmutegirl

I should go to bed, but I feel like I have a lot to do still for the day. I'm dreading tomorrow, because I plan on calling my landlord. I always feel anxious talking to people I don't have regular contact with. The reason I plan on calling tomorrow is because I have to be somewhere at 3, so, if I come over, I'll have a good reason to leave at a specified time so I don't have to stay long.

Srijita52

^I can relate to you, I get very anxious talking to people I don't have regular contact with too. Just do it without thinking too much, you'll be okay. Good luck.
Once again, hopeless. Not that I have been hopeful on a while, but this is one of those times where the hopelessness depresses me.
I'm sorry. What's wrong?
I feel wonderful today! Today i saw this girl at the mall who i thought hated my soul but she started talking to me and we hung out today, weird but good ^.^
Awesome. :)

MikeyC

Once again, hopeless. Not that I have been hopeful on a while, but this is one of those times where the hopelessness depresses me.
Ah, I'm really sorry, mate. I wish I could do something to help you out.

I feel okay. I was filling out my tax return but I've hit a road block now, so I can't fill out any more for the time being. Now I'm just relaxing and thinking about the day that was. It was alright. :)

Daniel089

Depressed. I failed the driving theory exam 2nd time. I just realized again that I'm a failure because there was hardly anything that motivated me on studying for the exam...

karl:-/

Doctor told me today I have his backing to try nd get HH recognised as a disability let's hope this could be the start of a long journey for me to help other people with hyperhidrosis+anxiety+depression get the help we need :)

I smile today hope this lasts

Srijita52

Depressed. I failed the driving theory exam 2nd time. I just realized again that I'm a failure because there was hardly anything that motivated me on studying for the exam...
I'm sorry Daniel, I agree with Valhalla, you did try. I hope it goes better next time.
Doctor told me today I have his backing to try nd get HH recognised as a disability let's hope this could be the start of a long journey for me to help other people with hyperhidrosis+anxiety+depression get the help we need :)

I smile today hope this lasts
Good luck. I hope so too.

Nathália

I was felling happy/sad about my recent weight gain, I gained 5 pounds in a week. It's actually a good thing for me, but I can't stop eating from the medicine. Well, that's the purpose of it to help me gain weight; this stuff gives me the 24 hour munchies.

I just want to be healthy, but I feel like my family is pressuring me to be a thick person. Once I hit my target, I want them to let off and stop dictating how my body should look, I decide that. I was healthy years ago and they did that to me.

I hate it, what males see as attractive they're telling me to be it. It's about making myself happy and no one else. I could care less if you have a thing for long straight hair. I'm going to pick out my afro and tell people to suck it. I be who I want to be, now back off.

KiaKaha

Banned
^^ Too right. Do what makes you happy first and if people dont like it, they can take a jump.
You are pretty.... and afros rock.

If you dont mind me saying so that is...

Last edited: