Hi all!

Xos

Hi, i am jose, from Spain, Europe. I ' ve been suffering from social anxiety since i was a child. I am now 39 and keep suffering from it :?
I have been to a psychologist for 8 months and haven' t felt any better.
Now, one year after that, i am seriously thinking of going to another one, because phobia is still there and is growing.
I don' t like at all talking about my deepest fears and feelings, but i cannot do anything else, because i want to recover as soon as possible and live my life like any other person.
Well, i feel a little better knowing other people feel the same thing. This way i don' t feel alone.
Thank you! :wink:

Xos

:cry: Nobody seems to welcome me.
Well, it doesn' t matter.
I' m glad to be here and want to be of any help and support those of you who may need it as much as i do.
Bye!

FreedomFighter

Welcome to social phobia world jose , dont worry about people not replying straight away , it usually takes a few hours after you post for people to reply , peace , Robbie

And a lot of people here are lazy, ^^ but I'm sure they're welcoming you.

All I can say is, if you can, face your fears. As long as you're not willing to fail, it'll be hard to overcome this anxiety. You need to how to "Accept" it first. To understand that every given moment has a purpose of something even greater. I myself is still practicing this, but little by little I know I'm getting better.

What method did you try when you were with the psychologist.

Xos

Thanks for your words!!.
Well, my psychologist just kept telling me that i should talk about my fears, about what scares me and he would be listening and from time to time, he asked me something.
He said i had to do so in order to realise myself about what causes my anxiety. He said he wanted to "put all my problems, fears, etc on a table and let me solve them as if i were making a puzzle", that way , when i finish the puzzle, i would be aware about my real problems and would know how to solve it.
Sounds weird, but that' s what he said to me. :roll: