Hello

bigrob

My name is Rob. I am 37, married, one daughter, two step kids, and three step grandkids.

I have battled depression for a dozen or so years. I have also been treated for anxiety for 4-5 years. It is also thought I may have adult ADD.

Lately my anxiety has reached a point to where I have become almost agoraphobic. I hate it. It sucks. But a some point I just developed such disdain for the world that I'd rather just stay locked up in my apartment. I just hate dealing with people. I hate phones. I hate emails if it's something potentially important. I even hate typing this because everyone is now judging me. The analogy I use is a paraphrase of Shakespeare...."all the world is a stage, and I have stage fright".

I wasn't always this way. It has happened gradually over time and I want help in the worst way. They problem is I am unsupported by my loved ones. I just tried to get an appointment at the local therapy center and the best they could do is a month from now. I actually found their lackadaisical attitude quite annoying.

Anyway, here I am. I may lurk a while. I may ask silly questions. If anyone has questions of me just ask.

mrb

hello mate welcome to the site and dont worry about silly questions , if you dont belive me look at my last thread im the king of silly questions lol :D

garry29

My name is Rob. I am 37, married, one daughter, two step kids, and three step grandkids.

I have battled depression for a dozen or so years. I have also been treated for anxiety for 4-5 years. It is also thought I may have adult ADD.

Lately my anxiety has reached a point to where I have become almost agoraphobic. I hate it. It sucks. But a some point I just developed such disdain for the world that I'd rather just stay locked up in my apartment. I just hate dealing with people. I hate phones. I hate emails if it's something potentially important. I even hate typing this because everyone is now judging me. The analogy I use is a paraphrase of Shakespeare...."all the world is a stage, and I have stage fright".

I wasn't always this way. It has happened gradually over time and I want help in the worst way. They problem is I am unsupported by my loved ones. I just tried to get an appointment at the local therapy center and the best they could do is a month from now. I actually found their lackadaisical attitude quite annoying.

Anyway, here I am. I may lurk a while. I may ask silly questions. If anyone has questions of me just ask.

I can relate to a lot of what you said. I've often wondered if I have ADD as it would explain a lot now. However, I never displayed any of the classic symptoms as a child. I've had SA at least from age five but I've only ever been diagnosed and treated for depression.

Welcome, and like the others said, don't worry about the questions, I have asked some silly ones myself.

Hello and Welcome to the site!:) It can be really difficult when you are not receiving any support from your loved ones, but just find a way to hang in there until your appointment in one month. I hope this site can make you feel not so alone until then.:)