Hello World

AutonomousAutomaton

Hi there, I'm Christine. I've had an account on this site for a few months now, but I haven't posted anything before. I've had social phobia at least since 3rd or 4th grade (I'm 21 now), but I finally seem to be getting over it little by little. Like a lot of us social phobes, I don't really have any close friends and I don't feel like I can talk honestly with my family. It's really hard to not have anyone to talk to. I was hoping if someone out there felt the same way, you might want to be IM buddies. We could talk and try to help each other out. Let me know if you want to be pals!

P.S.
This is a little embarrassing, but I've had some conflicts recently with people I know over religion. I would really like another atheist to talk to who might understand.

Johnnyboy

Christine

I have had social phobia since I was 11. I have just turned 40
and I am still struggling with it. I have made some progress recently but I still
get depressed about it. Anyway I would like to chat with you and be supportive to you and vice versa.

Also I am an athiest.
Talk to you later.
Tom

Hello, Christine! Unfortunately I'm about as IM awkward as I am socially awkward. You seem like a lovely person though. ^W^

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you find the friend you're looking for! :3

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Welcome indeed, Automaton and Johnny.

There are quite a few atheists on this site. I think the recent poll had atheists and agnostics outnumbering the believers. I'm agnostic myself.