Heart or Mind

TheSanctuarian

Just posted on another thread and have become curious to see what you guys think....

Do you follow your heart, or your mind

Do you tend to think rationally and weigh up the options before making the decision or do you just follow your gut feeling?

-Greyson

I go with mind in the majority of things though not everything, some things are heart

eg. Should I eat brussel sprouts?

mind: yes they are full of vitamins and minerals that you need
heart: uuuugh no, of course not what's wrong with you?!

Mickery

smart@$$. :D

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to be flippant.

Mostly I use my mind and too much of it, sometimes over-thinking can be even worse than under-thinking. But sometimes I just go with my heart and that's fine too, sometimes. If I didn't think straight I'd be unable to run my life - hence we're all here! - and if I didn't take a leap of faith sometimes then life would be predictable and joyless - hence we're all here!

TheSanctuarian

So I guess I'm the only one in here who follow my heart.

there is nothing wrong with that, its just how some people work. The choice between the subconscious thinking and concious thinking, arguably sub-concious affects the concious mind anyway, so no matter what choice you make you are using your SOUL, not your mind.

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to be flippant.

Mostly I use my mind and too much of it, sometimes over-thinking can be even worse than under-thinking. But sometimes I just go with my heart and that's fine too, sometimes. If I didn't think straight I'd be unable to run my life - hence we're all here! - and if I didn't take a leap of faith sometimes then life would be predictable and joyless - hence we're all here!

"sometimes all life comes down to, is a leap of faith." ;)

Lea

Banned
People are always sure to say "this" or "that", but nobody asks what exactly it means. For example, does it mean avoiding the things you "don´t feel like" doing? It would be pretty bad, haha. I feel quite guilty in the recent years that I got less hard on myself, if I loathe doing something or going somewhere, I tend to not push myself that hard as I used to. This needs to change. Some people are lucky enough to do work or things they like to do, but it´s not me, I have no choice than to do unpleasant stuff.

WeirdyMcGee

ahhh.. I'd say I usually run on 60% heart, 40% mind
I do try to be logical in all of my thinking but I'll usually feel bad and attempt to still be as polite and fair as I possibly can be in whatever situation.
I don't like hurting people, so I don't as long as I can help it.

ridicule

Haha, wow, I just had a huge long argument with someone over this same subject. Easily the mind over the passion or "heart". What you want and what you feel like aren't always the same thing. Take the example of someone you really hate and want to hurt. You feel almost uncontrollable rage against this person..... but you are both standing in front of a police station. What would you do? You hit the guy, you get arrested, that sort of thing.

We have brains to overcome our instincts. Only animals act without forethought of the impending consequences. Anything you do out of passion can probably be achieved with greater efficiency and better results if thought out objectively. Always, ALWAYS think of the consequences.