.:: Haus's Introduction ::.

Haus

Hi, my name is Austen, but most of my online friends call me "Haus". I found this website as I was googling related topics on the internet. I've read other people's threads, and while most of the people i've seen here seem to have it tougher than me, I still decided to register and share my feelings and possibly talk to some people.

I am an 18-year-old male, who lives in Illinois, almost right on the Mississippi River. I work at a general store named "Pamida" which is like a miniature Wal-Mart. My mom also owns a tanning salon where I usualy work when I'm not at Pamida.

I cant get enough of the music I listen to - it realy keeps me going somehow. My favorite songs are "My Curse" and "The End of Heartache" both by Killswitch Engaged. I also like to cruise around in my Silver 4-door 2001 Grand am and play video games like World of Warcraft, Halo 3, Resident Evil 4, and Super Smash Bros: Brawl. I have a few friends, but they're the same ones I've had since I was 12, and I don't see them as much as I should.

My social problem is mainly focused on my inability to talk to NEW people and girl's I may have feelings for. Because of my school's consolidation with two other schools, and it's schedualing, I'm stuck in most of my classes surrounded by people I don't know or am too uncomfortable to talk to. It's gotten easier as the year went on, but I still feel wierd. The consolidation did have some plusses though.

Somehow I got the guts to ask this very pretty girl to get together with me, and we've been together for about 5 months. It was when she broke up with me that my life started to go downhill. She was my first true girl friend that i've ever had, which upset me - but I still managed to move on. I became friends with couple other girls, both of which led me on and then shut me out right afterwards, which felt GREAT :roll: . Now, not long after all of that: I struggle to find another love to last me. I consider myself to be attractive, I just dont have the charisma.

I'd like to talk more about my current girl problems, but its late and I need sleep. So long-story short: My mom played match-maker recently and talked to this girl that I said was.. cute. For some reason the girl gave my mom her number and told her to tell me - to call her. I call her, her mom answers -and has to call the girl because she was "out". I get a call from the girl's friend asking why I called the girl in a somewhat snarky, yet fun and loving attitude. Now I'm going to school tommorow knowing that I'll see her. Sure I can talk on a phone.. but will I make a move? Who knows.. lol

Anyways, sleep time - I look forward to reading more threads and replies tommorow.