Hard time talking out loud at all?

ripewithdecay

I have a really hard time talking out loud, even if it's just to myself in my own home. I live in an apartment building and I get too paranoid that my neighbors will hear me when im talking at full regular volume.
So when I do try it feels very strained, much lower in volume, and it starts to hurt my throat quite a bit after a while. It's way more difficult to talk sitting down than it is standing up as well.
The reason this sucks is cause i'm trying to practice talking out loud when i'm at home, but it's just not happening at all.

Does anyone else feel really strained when you talk out loud? Even just to yourself? Or are you feeling relaxed and are you able to control every pronunciation and syllable easily?

Any tips on how I can work on talking naturally and not so strained?

KVCC

Do some loud coughing or something?

Its easy for me to yell and scream due to anger issues in my family :roll:
But sometimes, like when i wake up my voice will be really soft.

It helps for me if I get a good cough to loosen my vocal chords up before I say something.

akele

ripewithdecay said:
I have a really hard time talking out loud, even if it's just to myself in my own home. I live in an apartment building and I get too paranoid that my neighbors will hear me when im talking at full regular volume.
So when I do try it feels very strained, much lower in volume, and it starts to hurt my throat quite a bit after a while. It's way more difficult to talk sitting down than it is standing up as well.
The reason this sucks is cause i'm trying to practice talking out loud when i'm at home, but it's just not happening at all.

Does anyone else feel really strained when you talk out loud? Even just to yourself? Or are you feeling relaxed and are you able to control every pronunciation and syllable easily?

Any tips on how I can work on talking naturally and not so strained?
i have trouble with my voice too. i mostly dont really enjoy using my voice, and i dont like my voice. it comes out strained, as if i've had laryngitis. imainly don't have the urge to talk, but sometimes, to make up for all the time i havent expressed myself, i do talk a lot. then i feel worried that i've said too much.