Guys with girly hips?

Rodney

Is there anyone else on this forum with this problem? It is literally ruining me. I'm skinny and it isn't fat just straight up bone structure. I used to think I had klinefelter's syndrome because of them but I'm 99% sure I don't. I've put on some muscle but I still know that this won't change my figure. I can't wear jeans or any type of pants and if I absolutely have to, they have to be worn so far down my waist. I hate it. It's what keeps me from going places. It keeps me from wearing what I want to wear and leaves me with ugly clothes that somewhat cover up the stupid hips. I rarely go shopping because I know I'll just be dissappointed when nothing looks good on me. I'm still wearing clothes from 5 years ago (I'm 19!) that I know I can cover up with. I just feel so ugly and then I see people posting pics on here and they are not ugly but say they are and I just think but look at you, you can wear clothes and look like a normal person... The majority of guys have shoulders wider than there hips and can wear clothes and I am jealous of all of them. When I'm walking in the streets or watching TV and see a guy I look at their figure and I always think, must be nice to look normal...

Felgen

Sounds like you have an endomorphic body type. It really isn't uncommon. Work on your posture and focus on building a strong back and side abs.

Felgen

you mean ectomorphic?? he said he was skinny. He's also a blend of mesomorph because he said he can gain muscle too.

An endomorph don't have to be fat. Ectomorphs tend to have both narrow shoulders and narrow hips.

workout

Are you sure the problem is as bad as you make it sound like? I too felt I had girly hips but after my OCD reduced I realized that they aren't so girly after all. They are still narrower than my shoulders. But hey, don't worry. Just search the Internet for exercises, I'm sure there'll be something to fix the posture etc. Until then, check whether you have OCD (the pure O I mean). I'm sorry I haven't read your previous posts, so forgive me if I offered some wise-guy advice.

Going Insane

It's all about genetics, some of us can't get rid of the love handles, such as myself...

Work out your lats by doing pull ups and lateral pull downs, this will increase your "V" shape...

Military Presses will widen your shoulder blades...

Work out abs but don't do weighted oblique exercises( it may increase your hip size)

Do cardio and diet down, once you get to about 12% body fat, is when you can tell if you can do something about it or if it's a matter of genetics...

I would post a pic of myself and the hips but it's against the rules to have your shirt off... even with a low BF I still have hips::(:

Last edited:

Going Insane

Oh yeah, the people you see on TV aren't normal.... We've all been brains washed on that's how we should look....

J.Christine.89

Hey now, I'm sure it's not as bad as what you think. People really don't notice things like that, anyway. On the contrary, I have fairly narrow hips for a girl. I often look at other girls and wish that I had slightly wider hips but oh well. It really doesn't bug me much at all.

Rodney

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to respond to everyone in one post. This ecto endo morph stuff I don't believe has to do with my bone structure... Although I really don't know. As for Pure O (I'll look it up). OCD, that I do not have. Not as bad as I think it is? well I know there are guys who have way wider hips than I do (people with klinefelter's syndrome and some obese people but I know that I fall in the "not normal" range. The people on tv I was reffering to, were not just actors but people on the news. The majority of people just have a nicer build than me. With respect to body building, That was my plan. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to develop a hernia so it has been put on hold until I go see a doctor (who knows when I'll end up doing that). Thanks for the tips, also. It is genetic but in the way of something got effed up because out of all my relatives I'm the only one with these stupid hips. :(

I hope some people will relate to this.

Feathers

Check if you might have BDD. Also, many gorgeous people who post pics may have BDD - sometimes even the more gorgeous they are, the more flaws they see, or the harsher their demands to themselves are..
(A person with lowest self-esteem image-wise that I know of in RL was later on a Miss World contestant... soo??)

Also, who says there is 'one and proper' body structure?
Are you planning to be a Calvin Kline model? Some people with great body structure may have ruined their lives over something silly.. Or died from overdose or something.. You can accomplish a lot in life and marry well and have a good life with bad body structure too..
Maybe it would be helpful to find some men who did well in life despite similar 'flaws'?

Some types of hernia can also be improved with nutrition and exercise, look it up..

The thought that you may have BDD came to mind as well. Have you checked that out? If you are prevented from starting the exercises mentioned above because of the hernia, could you wear some really baggy shirts in the mean time to hide it?

Rodney

Check if you might have BDD.

I've heard this a lot on this site and I have actually looked it up before and didn't think I had it. I just looked it up again and realized I meet probably 90% or more of the diagnostic criteria. But it has to do with whether it is perceived or actually is a flaw. I will upload a picture in a day or two and then see what people think. I still believe I just have a crappy build.

Rodney

Coyote, why must you hijack every thread with your stupid posts. Learn when stuff like that is appropriate and when it isn't.

coyote

Coyote, why must you hijack every thread with your stupid posts. Learn when stuff like that is appropriate and when it isn't.

sorry - didn't mean to hijack anything

I'll delete it.

by the way - i doubt you look any worse than the guy in that photo

and look how happy he is to go out and strut his stuff

perhaps the real problem is not in your hips

but in your opinion of yourself

Feathers

Hey Rodney, I don't think it matters if you really have big hips or not to have BDD (or a dot on your skin near your lips, or lack of a tan, or a differently-shaped nose), it matters if you're MISERABLE about it.. and it's all you can think about.. and it prevents you from doing maybe-good and enjoyable activities..

Some people have differently-shaped bodyparts or noses and are okay with it.. because they know they are more than their nose, also a wonderful funny caring human being, etc.

Yup, Coyote did overdo a bit, I think he deleted it.. I can understand why he posted it, it's his way of trying to cheer people up sometimes, it was probably a bit out of line here.. maybe Brooklyn and Going or the moderators can edit it out too?

Oh, and check the thread about too-tight pants, many girls and guys hate 'the new fashion' too!! So just go for clothes that make you feel comfortable and look good on you! (too-big pants can be uhm, too big too, so some sort of balance needs to be achieved I guess.. :))

Last edited:

coyote

seriously - aside from the fun, my point was that what people think of as a "guy with girly hips" is probably far from what Rodney assumes everyone is thinking about him.

often, what we are most anxious about is totally unfounded - it's all based on our assumptions of what other people think of us - with little or no rational basis

it pays to examine our fears - only then can we dismiss them for good

it does us no good to treat them as valid and ask for solutions that simply enable the fears to continue

just wanna b normal

Is there anyone else on this forum with this problem? It is literally ruining me. I'm skinny and it isn't fat just straight up bone structure. I used to think I had klinefelter's syndrome because of them but I'm 99% sure I don't. I've put on some muscle but I still know that this won't change my figure. I can't wear jeans or any type of pants and if I absolutely have to, they have to be worn so far down my waist. I hate it. It's what keeps me from going places. It keeps me from wearing what I want to wear and leaves me with ugly clothes that somewhat cover up the stupid hips. I rarely go shopping because I know I'll just be dissappointed when nothing looks good on me. I'm still wearing clothes from 5 years ago (I'm 19!) that I know I can cover up with. I just feel so ugly and then I see people posting pics on here and they are not ugly but say they are and I just think but look at you, you can wear clothes and look like a normal person... The majority of guys have shoulders wider than there hips and can wear clothes and I am jealous of all of them. When I'm walking in the streets or watching TV and see a guy I look at their figure and I always think, must be nice to look normal...

i know im skinny too i try to put on weight but i cant cuzz i heard stress can make you lose weight. im so skinny i cant wear small shirts or ill look hecca funny

lani

You know a lot of girls are attracted to girly guys? Beside, I doubt anyone's looking at your hips... really. It's just not a very important feature. You certainly aren't freakish.