Gaming a lot no interest at all with family

shinghan

Anyone else play games a lot? In my case I barely feel any positive emotions. I barely talk with my family even though I live with them. I don't talk or play with my niece and nephew. They just stay in their rooms pretty much all day long. Even my sister I don't talk to much. All I do is play games for of the days.

Earthcircle

I'm very curious about this topic, because I know someone who spends enormous amounts of time alone in one room, and I know he likes to play online games. I've never done that myself.

Diend

i pretty much regret my gaming days...too much is never a good thing. i traded in-game friends for my eyesight and public anxiety.

Argentum

It's a common coping mechanism. When real people won't have you (or you can't handle them), who's left?

I had bad eyesight before I played video games, as did my brother plus my father and second brother who never played video games. Just something parents used to tell their kids to try to keep them from playing too much.

Metal_isthe_Answer

i pretty much regret my gaming days...too much is never a good thing. i traded in-game friends for my eyesight and public anxiety.

Actually most studies should show you that games or tv have little to do with worsening your eyesight, it was likely bad before that and most tvs in general wont affect it regardless of how close you sit. I started wearing glasses at ten, I started gaming just before that and I do remember sitting close to the tv, but I don't think was anything unusual, or that I gamed enough for it to be the cause.

Anyway, OP, what type of games do you play? What system? I'm trying to play borderlands the Pre-sequel with a friend, but his internet has been messing up for him for a few weeks and he can't stay connected very long.

Ithior

i traded in-game friends for my eyesight
I spend a lot of time in front of my pc and my eyesight is fine. It's mostly a genetic thing that gets worse with time. Wearing glasses can slow it down I think. From what I hear from the people around me, their eyesight keeps getting worse even if they wear glasses.

How to make him stop. lol

Do you know if he actually wants to stop? Some people have a hard time believing others might enjoy living a life that sounds boring to them. My sister is a good example of that, she can't even believe being in social situations is exhausting for me, and as such I want to spend a lot of time by myself away from other people.

NamiraWilhelm

I use gaming as escapism. Way too much. I've actually not let myself have a next gen console because I know with it I'll spend less time so******ing! Hopefully by cutting down gaming time I'll force myself into reality a little more and get some hobbies that involve others...
I'm sorely regretting that now though. I have nothing to play and all this extra time off during the holidays have been boring as hell... yeah it freed me up to get out more but everyone's busy with their families over Christmas so stop PhD time of year to be gameless lol.

Edit: Why on earth isn't it letting me type that word... so cial ising!

dany

I did my gaming days and I regret it now. I should have spent more time doing things that didn't require staying inside the house all day long, things like sports, enjoying the nature, going out with friends, playing and instrument like piano, anything is better than staying inside and playing games.

The way I got rid of this nasty habit is by selling all the video games and console and going out a lot. You need to say stop and keep it that way. Find a sport you like, try to play a musical instrument, you can even try fishing or photography.

There are so many things to do outside that is mind boggling. For example my newest hobby is flying drones in the field. This is so great and help me de-stress.

Take care!

AriAbs

I enjoy gaming. I spend a few hours every other day on the Nintendo 64. I regret nothing. I go to school and work and come home. I don't enjoy spending time with my family, especially my mother; she's too religious and a bully, if she doesn't get her way.