fish in the sea

lonelee1

im interested in someone who doesnt reciprocate the feelings anymore ( i think). the gf he chased for years finally decided she wanted him. ive never dated. is it bad to still have these lovey feelings for him? i find it helps me a bit, get through the day. but maybe that's because i haven't accepted it yet. we still talk, but i can tell he wants space and that makes me sad. i know i sound like a really big loser saying this, but really, is it bad to daydream if it makes me happy?

i think im just trying to justify this lameness in me so i don't have to face the facts. but it makes me feel nice. delusional? possibly.

and as im writing this, im seeing things more clearly. plenty of fish in the sea!!!!! duh!

but also, sometimes life sucks ass. i think it might be ok to have a small bright spot in my mind sometimes. romantic maybe? no, probably sad.

ImNotMyIllness

It's easy to become attracted to someone emotionally unavailable. We create this fantasy about the person and our lives with him/her. Never make someone a priority unless you are also their priority.

Plenty of fish in the sea is right! You're an attractive and intelligent girl. You'll have plenty of options but first you need to get out your reel!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Fish-in-the-sea...jpg

GraybeardGhost

im interested in someone who doesnt reciprocate the feelings anymore ( i think). the gf he chased for years finally decided she wanted him. ive never dated. is it bad to still have these lovey feelings for him? i find it helps me a bit, get through the day. but maybe that's because i haven't accepted it yet. we still talk, but i can tell he wants space and that makes me sad. i know i sound like a really big loser saying this, but really, is it bad to daydream if it makes me happy?

i think im just trying to justify this lameness in me so i don't have to face the facts. but it makes me feel nice. delusional? possibly.

and as im writing this, im seeing things more clearly. plenty of fish in the sea!!!!! duh!

but also, sometimes life sucks ass. i think it might be ok to have a small bright spot in my mind sometimes. romantic maybe? no, probably sad.

It's not bad to daydream if it makes you happy, but does it? I've been in a similar situation, and I've dreamed those dreams, but once the dawn broke and the dream faded into reality, I found myself still alone and pretty miserable. That kind of high-and-low cycle can take a heavy toll on you.

It's good, even essential, to have a bright spot, a spark of hope, a dream, but choose carefully.

jaim38

Daydreaming about real people is a trap that I try to avoid. Real people like celebrities or even a classmate can one day break your heart; they will date, fall in love, and get married. I daydream about fake characters that don't exist in real life, which means I have control over what happens.