feeling unwanted, unloved, & lonely?

Hell yes I know what it feels like. I assume your SA prevents you to have close people in your life, although may be you can still think it through and wonder if there is a friend of a relative you can really trust and get support from them. If you don't, online friends can be a great help, and this is a good place to find them.

onehandclapping

yea experienced it many times throughout my life. the feelings of being unloved is what hits me the hardest and the most. being unwanted hurts too, i'm less bothered about the feeling of loneliness but its not nice either.
hope you feel better soon.

Kiwong

In the place I work I feel hostility and dislike. It makes me fear and dread the place.

nerdygeek

As for me, I feel it every second of every day. It's a sad existance when there is no one that you can talk to about your problems. most of the time when I do talk to people, they have that "why are you telling this" bored look on their face. That's why I keep to myself for the most part. Most peope don't want to talk to me unless they need something. It's a shame the way the world is nowadays. I guess all of my real friends are in my head.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Yes, I know what it is like. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to overcome it, so I can't give you advice. I'm sorry.

I know for sure I have people who love me, but I do know what it's like to feel inferior and lonely. I've found talking to a counselor really helps me with those feelings, but it's not a long-term fix unless you do CBT or something probably for at least a year.

Flanscho

I know them. It's soothed a bit when friends give me welcoming hugs. I consider getting a cat. I had one when I shared a flat with others, now that I moved out a year ago, I kinda miss one. Pets are great to get rid of the feeling of lonelyness. They love you no matter your flaws or looks.

KiaKaha

Banned
Importance and status helps.

People are drawn to others who make them feel important and powerful .... and included.

If people don't like you because you don't make the grade - then yes you will feel lonely.

Loneliness is a construct built by others.

jaim38

I used to feel unwanted, unloved, and very lonely when I was living in another city away from home. I didn't know many people in that city and the neighbors treated me terribly. My brother was also quite abusive. So I was so relieved when I finally moved back home with my parents. At least I know my parents love me and wanted me back home.

mikebird

Banned
As for me, I feel it every second of every day. It's a sad existance when there is no one that you can talk to about your problems. most of the time when I do talk to people, they have that "why are you telling this" bored look on their face. That's why I keep to myself for the most part. Most peope don't want to talk to me unless they need something. It's a shame the way the world is nowadays. I guess all of my real friends are in my head.

Yes. The blockade of those who don't want to know.

hexagon_sun

This is going to sound cliche I guess but it doesn't make it less true. For people to be attracted to you, you have to be attracted to yourself; that is, love yourself. You have to spend time with yourself and work at being a better you. Set small attainable goals to train yourself to be accustom to success (albeight small). Eventually you'll be able to tackle bigger goals. But the mindset is the same for the smaller ones. Scale is irrelavant. You need to psych youself into liking yourself. LOL that was unintended rhyme but serves as memonic or perhaps a montra you tell yourself! The truth is, if you don't fix your broken foundation, you're going to end-up in an unhealthy relationship that will hold back your progress. If you are desperate, your going to find someone else who is desperate and you will make each other miserable! Misery loves company. It sucks. I'm in that one man boat myself, but I'm making progress everyday. Once I feel like I have stability and control over my life, than I should consider being in a relationship. My past experience has not been good make decisions like that in a state of desperation. Always turns out to be a disaster. And unfortunately, sometimes you even have to give family and friends the boot who have poor coping skills themselves. That's the situtation I'm in. It was really scary at first but eventually you get used to it and you have no one but yourself to focus on and improve.

Gidi

Yep I feel that way every single day of my life..I have no family no friends and depression so I know what your going through 100%..I'm all alone in this world but Im gonna keep fighting

In the place I work I feel hostility and dislike. It makes me fear and dread the place.

I felt invisible in the work place. But it was my own fault, since I could not raise my voice literally. Never said even good morning, because I was too terrified to speak, you could consider me having a speaking fear in work, school.

So I know how that feels Kiwong, hope they will involve you more, or that it becomes better....:)

Ciao

rosewood

oh lord, yes. I feel that way all of the time. I hate it. I am forcing myself now to go out and join church groups, walking groups, volunteer groups, all with a specfic task or goal in mind so that there wont be so much talking as doing involved. I am fighting with my SA tooth and nail. I know I am bigger than this, even though it feels sometimes I am falling on my face from social errors.

awkwardamanda

I try not to let it bother me but I can't help it. As much as I need my space and privacy, I'm still lonely as hell. Sometimes I just wish I could be completely stoic and not care at all. It's been even worse lately because I'm unemployed. As if that isn't bad enough in itself. The last thing I need is a boyfriend when I don't even have a job. I spend most of my day alone in my room. I'm so bored right now. I have nothing to distract myself from the fact that I'm lonely. If the rest of my life was decent, maybe it wouldn't bother me so much, but it's just one more reason life sucks.:sad: