FED UP

emmie

HI EVERYONE
BEEN TO MY SECOND SA GROUP 2DAY, IM FEELING MORE FED UP THAN EVA I WISH I JUST COULD GET OVER THIS SA . DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL REALLY DOWN 2DAY. NOBODY SEEMS TO OPEN UP AT THESE GROUPS :(

Mysti

Hi,

Yep my day went downhill. Had a rather tearful episode. I'm learning to drive and made a stupid error. Stopped at traffic lights but was over the line. It's like a crossroads type setup so not the best place to do that. Tried to reverse but couldn't being on an incline. Another driver made a nasty handgesture and gave me the dirtiest look ever! so by this time I felt really embarrassed and face was beet red with the beginning of a panic attack. I just felt like everyone must have been thinking I'm the biggest idiot in creation. The icing on the cake was that when the lights changed I shot backwards because I left the car in reverse :oops:
Managed to get to where my sister works so we could collect her and then just burst into tears. My mum had to drive home :cry: now I've got a mega headache so sitting with an 'ice strip' thing on my head looking like a total dork and just want to just give up and go to bed :(

emmie

IGNORANT DRIVERS

TRUST ME WHEN U VE BIN DRIVING FOR A WHILE YOU L GET USED TO ALL THE IGNORANT BIG HEADS ON THE ROAD! I THINK YOUR VERY BRAVE TO BE LEARNING TO DRIVE AROUND TRAFFIC LIGHTS WIV YOUR MUM. IM A CONFIDENT DRIVER NOW BUT I DNT THINK I WOULD OF TRUSTED MYSELF TO DRIVE WIV MY MUM WHEN I WAS LEARNING SO DONT DWELL ON WHATS HAPPENED TODAY AND GET BCK IN THE CAR 2MOZ. WHAT CAR ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE? THOSE COOLING STRIPS ARE GOOD ARNT THEY? A LITTLE TIP WEAR SUNGLASSES YOU WONT FEEL AS EXPOSED WHEN UR DRIVING WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE :D

Scottish_Player

I feel realy down today aswell,but only since i came home from work and i know iam going to spend the rest of the night in my room on the internet.Its how i feel most nights but i cant do anything about it.Its then when i try to get to sleep and the room is quiety that i get realy anxiuos and worried about NOTHING. i have nothing to worry about yet i still feel all these feelings :roll:

Mysti

Thank you :D

Yeah have found a lot of drivers are real jerks and I don't think the 'L' plates help. I don't usually let things affect me so deeply sort of learned not to cry in public when I made a pact with myself at 16 but it was just too much today.
My mum's car is actually an automatic which I've been learning with her in for a few years which makes the whole incident so much worse :oops: I started learning manual back in august though so maybe going between the two today didn't help, I think maybe I was more tired than I realised though.
I will make sure I drive again tomorrow. Earlier whilst trying to comfort me, my mum asked if it had put me off driving. I replied that no, I just know not to make the same mistake again.

Most people think it's my mum who is brave for taking me out but it's worked well over the time :lol:

Um back in january I bought myself a 1995 ford fiesta with my savings which I actually prefer driving due to lack of power steering, not sure why just feels less sensitive and therefore more secure, soooo now I hope I can build myself up enough to take my test, Have to get back to lessons with an instructor first though, but they are on hold due to my relapse.

I will persevere though :D

P.S I would love to be able to wear sunglasses whilst driving but I would need to get some prescription ones made up and someone told me you're not allowed them while learning? I'll have to look it up on the DVLA website or somewhere. And yep ice-strips are excellent, would be lost without them :)

Mysti

Hi scottish player, night time can really suck!

From my own experience if there is nothing for the mind to focus on it will start to drift. So random thoughts will whizz round and round even if it's not a specific worry and the brain will become more active and make getting to sleep really difficult and then anxiety sets in.

My mind just goes into hyper drive, so I always have quiet music or a video playing with the tv set to sleep mode at bedtime.
Is there anyway you can have some quiet background noise on to distract you while you drift off to sleep?

It's really helped me over the years and my insomnia is so much better than it was. The net aint so bad though, if all else fails and you're bored, online game sites can pass the time in a fun kinda way if you're into that :)

Dragonfly

hey Scottish Player, did you do anything about that girl you fancy, think you should make a move and ask her out :wink:

Scottish_Player

Hiya Dragonfly,i ve not done anything about her and probably never will unless some miracle happens for me.Its very frustrating knowing that one time she did like me and iam 90% sure of that and i didnt do anything about it.Alot has changed since that time for one i have become more withdrawn from society,like ive mentioned before i only ever realy go out to work and if i didnt have that i would be in the house most of the time.

There is some good news thought,after putting up the post about her i rechecked friends reunited and she has added her name to the list :D but wether i do anything about it or not is another matter.Maybe it will be my lucky day soon and she will contact me lol :wink:

thanks for asking about it :D

Scottish_Player

Hi Mysti,nightime is the worst for me,i have become dependant on drugs to get me to sleep at night (self medicate) over the past 2 weeks i have cut right down on the drugs but i have started to use alcohol after not having a drink in about 8 months.i just need sumthing to switch my brain off at night and these are the things that help me,unfortunatly both are not good for me.

I find putting the TV or radio on at night only keeps me awake longer :roll:

sorry for taking you post away off topic,hope you do well on your lessons,have you had anymore since your last incident :?: